Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Precinct Car Park

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2016 at 11:16am
I would let High G rection in the back door
Sponsored Links

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2016 at 11:19am
of the Co-op I must add
Nicky View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2016 at 9:28pm
Thanks Baggles.  I'm thinking I'll park there and whizz around the village and just take my chances on the sad, lonely man sitting in his car clocking where people are shopping!  On the plus side, no longer do I have to drive around with charity shop stuff in my boot for three months, always a space these days :)

Edited by Nicky - 01 March 2016 at 9:28pm
Hugh G Rection View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh G Rection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2016 at 10:36pm
I popped down to my favourite establishment above the George earlier...plenty of spaces.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2016 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Dave-R Dave-R wrote:

Sometimes they have a guy sitting in a car watching, if you park up and leave the vicinity he will write out a ticket. There ll be a box on there ticked as the reason for the ticket is that you left the area.

to go to the bank to get cash to pay for goods and service purchased in the precinct, - you are not making a 'purchase' at the bank,

i dont think it would stand up to legal scrutiny...

i will continue and if there is a saddo parked in his car in the precinct sat watching then i will argue it legally when i get a ticket ( which i wont pay ! )LOL 
need a stella and i need one now !
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2016 at 6:32pm
I got a ticket for doing just that in Reading, but I know the guy who runs SWS parking, he s my MMA trainer, and he rang the company in question and they cancelled the ticket.
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2016 at 6:10am
I'm surprised when passing the precinct (heading to Church Lane Car Park) these days that it is virtually empty. Looks like the 'presence' of the sinister spy is now scaring shoppers away from using the precinct.
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2016 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Bucks Fizz Bucks Fizz wrote:

I'm surprised when passing the precinct (heading to Church Lane Car Park) these days that it is virtually empty. Looks like the 'presence' of the sinister spy is now scaring shoppers away from using the precinct.

Probably. I used to park there and then drop into one or two shops on the way back to the car. Now I park on Market Street or just don't bother. I feel sorry for shops along High Street as people could park in Budgens or precinct. Now they have to use main car park or park on double yellows.
JohnohUK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnohUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2016 at 10:55pm
I'm not so sure.. I probably pop in more often now, given I know I can get a space.. before was an absolute nightmare, with most of the spaces taken up with office workers... Now they've all moved to the lower road... for a cheap traffic calming solution..

Edited by JohnohUK - 06 March 2016 at 10:55pm
Hugh G Rection View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh G Rection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2016 at 6:25am
I feel that it is an improved situation in that you can pop in and get a space...does anyone have any real examples of issued a ticket for walking into the Market Place?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>