Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Out & About
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - i know, i know, i shouldnt have bothered..domino's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

i know, i know, i shouldnt have bothered..domino's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i know, i know, i shouldnt have bothered..domino's
    Posted: 15 April 2015 at 8:34am
against my better judgement and after the kids were hassling I weakened yesterday and ordered pizza to be delivered...

I sat in the evening sunshine with a beer while dominoes took care of the kids dinner... or so I thought..

it finally arrived  in darkness....the kids were nearly ready for bed

I really do not understand how it can take over 1 hr and 10 minutes to make a lousy pizza stick it in a box and then deliver it 750m up the road

so as it arrived luke warm in its sweaty cardboard box I contacted the store...........

forget pizza making they first need to learn some customer service skill...

its a franchised store and they don't give a hoot...Thumbs Down

so  my honest opinion  is avoid at all costs, should have used GX pizza shop either at home or herbies instead...
need a stella and i need one now !
Sponsored Links

Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2015 at 4:57pm
We've only used them once in an emergency and some of the items they sent were not what we'd ordered. We called and, without any apology, they said they'd send replacements for the items that were wrong in 40 to 60 mins or so but wouldn't repeat the whole order, which meant the food would either get cold or dry out in the oven waiting for the replacement bits. We had no choice but to eat what they'd sent. We exercised our choice never to use them again though.
PeaBee View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeaBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2015 at 8:55pm
Pizza should only be eaten in Italy and then only a slice.

I recently did 3 hours of deliveries for another local establishment when my son( who was scheduled to deliver) was unwell. I was assisted by my daughter. What a nightmare!! Even with a sat nav, finding certain houses was extremely difficult, dangerous and stressfull.
So many properties have numbers you can hardly see and those with just names......ConfusedAngry........God I would hate to be a postman.

Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2015 at 8:38am
Never had a problem with dominos, but I always collect, it's quicker.
Is back in the game! :)
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 10:34am
I don't rate Dominos. Used to be good but now are so expensive, it's hard to justify paying so much for what they provide.

I've used the Italian a few times which is reasonably good. Pizza Express is useful if they have a deal on

Haven't yet tried the others in GX.
Count Bassy View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Count Bassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2015 at 3:12pm
I really like @home pizza in GX but unfortunately my wife is now on a wheat free diet and it seems a bit mean to eat one in front of her :(

JohnohUK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnohUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2015 at 8:52pm
Its ok.. rarely hot mostly warm... much better the day after reheated.. deliver times seem to especially bad at the moment...

Never ever pay published price.. google for a discount code before ordering... 

Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2015 at 8:01am
Agree on the price. There are always offers around.
Is back in the game! :)
Chillies View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chillies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2015 at 10:58am
Baggles, Baggles, Baggles

@home in GX is the only place to use... they deliver to CSP too. Great choice and sizes, still comes in a box, but normally within 1 min of leaving the oven. You can do half and half too if stuck for choice.

Personal fav is the Bang Bang on one half and Ay Caramel on the other in 18 inch Tongue 
www.chalfontchillies.co.uk Twitter: @chalfontchillie Facebook: chalfontchillies

Often to be seen walking his Staffie Cross and two Chihuahuas so please say hello
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2015 at 12:20pm
We had a meal disaster last night and ended up calling @homepizza but ordered lasagne and a mixed salad as didn't fancy pizza. DELICIOUS! I love their pizza's too.......
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>