Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CSP Families from yesteryear

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angie Pitts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 8:24am
I think I can name a fair amount of the children who lived in Hillside Close in the 50's & 60's as I lived there from 1946 when I was born in Chalfont Hospital until I got married in 1968 and moved to Australia. I remember that the top end of the close was always at war with us at the bottom end of the close!!

These are the ones I can name: Mary & John Johnson, Susan & Frances Sawyer, Angela Entwhistle, Karen & Anthony Wells, Carol & Jackie Morris, Peter & Willie Cooper, Christopher & Sally Chambers, Hobbs family, Michael & Selena Kedge, Angela & Carol Soars, Linda Craft, Christine & Noeline Hearn, Nula & Anne Alsey, Margaret & Richard Tomlin, Alan, Keith & Sheila Putnam, Betts Family and Plested Family.
Some of the above families have more than the children I have named but couldn't remember any more.
Angie Pitts (nee Soars)
Sponsored Links

Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 9:12pm
.... I remember Brendan, Paul & Bridie Birch, (they moved to Criss Grove),  the Houses, the Shapcotts, the O'Connors, the Archer family .....

P.S. Whatever happened to Willie Cooper? 

Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 4:52pm
Anyone remember John Hawker who lived in Field Way, next to the diagonal alley that came down from the hospital?
Also, Josephine Clark, the lovely daughter of the coal man who had a small coal yard alongside the alley going down to the playing fields - a house was built on the site many years ago.
I vaguely remember a muscular girl who lived in Field Way who was a very good javelin thrower - what was her name?
The Brand or was it Brandt family that lived in Penn Road - I think they had two boys.
Who was the uni-cyclist that lived in Penn Road?
dot poleykett View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dot poleykett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 11:36pm
Could the person you are thinking of be Carol Brant. I think I remember her doing something like driving ambulances.
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 1:15am
Is that the sister of Joan
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dot poleykett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 7:15pm
Sorry I don't know I only remember Carol I think her Grandparents may have been Mr. and Mrs Church who lived in Leach Croft someone out there must know something.
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 10:24am
I think Carol Brant lived at the top end of Pennington Road, she was an attractive blonde if I remember correctly.
What number did you live at in Hillside Close Dot?
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dot poleykett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 9:44pm
Hello Rich Kid-I didn't live in Hillside Close I lived in Leachcroft .from when they were built until 1969 when I got Married.
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 11:15pm
Sorry Dot, it was Angie Pitts who said she lived there. If Angie is on here may I ask the same question, what number did you live at?
Angie Pitts View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angie Pitts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2016 at 4:30am
Hi Rich Kid

My family (Soars) lived at number 12 Hillside Close from time estate was built (1946?) until I got married and moved to Western Australia in 1968 then my parents left there in 1969 and moved out to live in Western Australia also.
Angie Pitts (nee Soars)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>