Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CSP Families from yesteryear

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2015 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Butterfly Butterfly wrote:

Re- sisters at end of Lansdown/Laurel road - Do you mean the Williams sisters? Or the Hahns (no idea of spelling)?
As I remember them, they were both slim and had big dark hair, quite loudly spoken and outgoing, maybe it was the Hahns although that name or the other doesn't ring a bell.
I'm fairly sure they lived at the house right up in the corner of Lansdown & Laurel Road. 

Sponsored Links

Butterfly View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2015 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Rich Kid Rich Kid wrote:

Originally posted by Butterfly Butterfly wrote:

Re- sisters at end of Lansdown/Laurel road - Do you mean the Williams sisters? Or the Hahns (no idea of spelling)?
As I remember them, they were both slim and had big dark hair, quite loudly spoken and outgoing, maybe it was the Hahns although that name or the other doesn't ring a bell.
I'm fairly sure they lived at the house right up in the corner of Lansdown & Laurel Road. 

That would have been the Hahns.  They had long dark hair.  I believe the eldest was called Annette or Antoinette ( father was Italian) and the younger was called Aleece and her father was Mr Hahn.
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2015 at 11:09am
You're right Butterfly. Whatever happened to them?
Butterfly View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2015 at 3:54pm
I have no idea Rich Kid.  They used to have German Shepherd dogs that always seemed very scary to me as a kid, but I lived at the other end of Lansdown Road so didn't really mix with them when playing in the road, as we did back in the day before the road became jam packed with parked cars.
Garry View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2015 at 7:16am
The Hahn,s did indeed live at the house right up in the corner of Lansdown & Laurel Road. The mother was Margaret and her husband Otto (German), the eldest girl of 3 girls was Annette, then Elise and the youngest Deborah.
The reason I know, my wife Cherie maiden name Springett lived in the white house at the very end of the road on the corner of
Lansdown & Laurel Road and her parents were good friends with the Hahn's parents, so good that my wife Cherie used to call them Auntie Margaret & Uncle Otto although they were not related.
Annette lives in Northampton, Elise lives in Hazlemere and Deborah in Chesham.
Hope that helps

Edited by Garry - 06 July 2015 at 7:16am
Butterfly View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2015 at 1:39pm
Thank you Garry, that answers it all Smile
Allnutt View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allnutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2015 at 9:02pm
Hi I am Patrick ALLNUTT ( George Patrick ) my brother Andrew and sister Judy who still lives in village.
I had Chalfont insurance consultants in station approach Gerard's cross. Next to taylor. And antique shop
L
I lived in orchard grove, others were Brian welch, Geoff peacock, Rolland Gregory, Brian rand. Please d to answer any questions.
Angie Pitts View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angie Pitts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 6:44am
I came across the grave of Roy Webb when I visited the graveyard at the top of Joiners Lane on our last visit to the UK from Australia. I was visiting the graves of my Grandparents, Bill & Edie Windsor who used to live at 22 Layters Avenue.

I have an old photo which shows Roy's father helping out at the Christmas Party for children run by the local Labour Party which was held in Kings Hall. There are so many local children in the photo (including myself and my sister - I think I would have been about 7 years old at the time). I can remember a few of the names, but the photo could be of interest to anyone who thinks they might have been in these photos or would recognise old friends.
Angie Pitts (nee Soars)
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angie Pitts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 6:56am
I remember the Hahn's as Annette was in the same class as me at Old Jobs School. Also before that we both attended the Baptist Church Sunday School. I have an old photo showing us both, at about age of 5 or 6, in a concert put on by the Sunday School with another seven children in the photo. The only names of the other seven that I can remember at this time is Jimmy Lofty and Betty Goldsmith
Angie Pitts (nee Soars)
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angie Pitts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 7:04am
I used to spend all my pocket money at the shop that Mrs Phipps ran which was called Butlers I think. We also bought our Guy Fawks firecrackers from there on Fireworks night. David Phipps was also a member of the Chalfont St Peter Youth Club and went to school at Old Jobs Secondary School.
Angie Pitts (nee Soars)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>