Forum Home Forum Home > Organisations > Sports & Leisure Clubs > Scouts and Guides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marsna Jamborette

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luukieschouten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marsna Jamborette
    Posted: 10 February 2014 at 8:22pm
Dear Scouts and Guides,

Have you ever wanted to go to an amazing international scouts camp, but don't you like the big mass that is going on during the World Jamboree?

Let me tell you something more about a camp in the south of the Netherlands: The Marsna Jamborette. 

The Marsna Jamborette is a camp which takes place in the first two weeks of August. It is, just like a jamboree, once in four years. It is organised by the Rangers, or as it is called in the Netherlands, the Sheros. The camp is for people between 14 and 18 years old. The main difference with a jamboree is that we can only allow 450 to 500 participants. The main reason is that you will be able to meet and get to know every participant, where it is a lot more difficult when there are 4000 people.

The main purpose of the camp is making a lot of friends, experience each others culture and 
having a great time with people from a lot of different countries. We've had a lot of different countries so far. It is great to get in touch and to keep in touch as well. I still have contact with people I met during the Marsna in 2009 and I still talk to them at least once a month.

The Marsna Jamborette has a very varied program, but is still based on the scouting principles. It includes for instance hiking, cooking and even building towers or other constructions. We have a lot of modern things as well, for example a disco and a song contest. Since you are in the Netherlands, it is of course good to get to know a bit about our culture and even see some parts of our culture. That is why we have trips to some of our main cities and which include a lot of the Dutch culture.

To finish of, I would like to invite you to visit our website: www.marsna-jamborette.nl

Please feel free to reply to this message and feel free to ask questions or maybe share memories.

Luuk Schouten, Meerssen, The Netherlands.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply