Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tow bar fitter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brolte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tow bar fitter
    Posted: 06 January 2014 at 8:57pm
Hi everyone

Just wondered if anyone can recommend someone local to install a towbar to our new motor?    

Thanks
Sponsored Links

ladycakes View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladycakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2014 at 9:43pm
Yes!  We used  http://www.witter-towbars.co.uk/ on a neighbour's recommendation. Nearest branch Rickmansworth - they were the cheapest and brilliant - come to your house.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2014 at 8:27pm
I can recommend two fitters the first is oak farm leisure on Cowley road in uxbridge, they offered no nonsense fitting and fixed price on a tow bar and single 7 pin electrics.... However when I needed a second tow bar fitted I needed a swan neck Alko type fitted with twin electric sockets then Berkshire leisure and towing in vansittart industrial estate in Windsor were excellent value and service was excellent..

Shop around as costs vary massively depending on the car you drive and they type of tow bar you need

Edited by big baggles - 08 January 2014 at 8:29pm
need a stella and i need one now !
brolte View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brolte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2014 at 10:26am
Thanks both.

Big Baggles - was there a reason you didn't go back to Oak Farm for the 2nd bar... They seem to be coming in significantly cheaper than the other two suggestions, so just wanted to make sure that there weren't any issues.

Thanks.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2014 at 5:27pm
the 2nd towbar i had fitted at berkshire towing just because they were slightly cheaper on the purchase price of the bar itself.... its was an alko swan neck type and i needed a 'canbus' type electrics kit to fit  the towing loom socket fitted to the car.... and it seemed everywhere else was very expensive  for the bar and electrics kit , berkshire towing  was about £20 cheaper for the parts and  and i work in windsor so it was also very convenient....

it also involved cutting into the cars rear bumper and berkshire towing assured me it would be a tidy job and it was, 

oak farm are very good and i would happily use them again- i had no issues with them at all, my friend had his towbar done to his  little jap 4x4 at oak farm too , he was happy

i would not recommend  them if they were not up to the job- i chose windsor for convenience  really
need a stella and i need one now !
brolte View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brolte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2014 at 9:56am
Brilliant, thanks very much!
 Post Reply Post Reply