Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Raj Durbar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Raj Durbar
    Posted: 03 November 2013 at 8:59am
Have eaten twice recently at Raj Durbar (formerly Tripti) and the meals and service have been excellent. My butter chicken and dall makhani were wonderful, and the garlic naan too. The prices are in my opinion highly competitive also. Although we all drank Cobra beer, I glanced at their wine list and they have some really decent wines on there too (eg the 'New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc' is Oyster Bay). Sadly though, it's been really quiet on Saturday evenings, so I guess people are not spending at the mo.
Sponsored Links

phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 10:25am
I love their dal makhani. That place is always much quieter than the others - it was when it was tripti too. Makes it very difficult eating in if you are one of only 2 or 3 tables.

foodfrom4.com
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 6:23pm
We had a great take away from them last week, I usually get my takeaways from them. I rarely go in there for a sit down meal though, I'll make more effort!!
timo_w2s View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timo_w2s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by phisch21 phisch21 wrote:

I love their dal makhani. That place is always much quieter than the others - it was when it was tripti too. Makes it very difficult eating in if you are one of only 2 or 3 tables.

We often go early and are the only people there (except for a few picking up takeaways). Actually much prefer it to a noisy restaurant! (Like Wildwood)
Who is General Failure and why's he reading my hard disk?
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2013 at 6:32am
I'm with you on that, timo. Planning to go again this week. It'd be nice to feel I was a regular. And yes, the dal makhni (buttered dal lentils) is truly lovely. I think the naan is the best I've had anywhere too.
dave View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2013 at 12:19am
Service and delivery was excellent. The meat was very good, the madras and balti sauces and naan were awesome. 
dave
fitzy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fitzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2014 at 12:35pm
Had an excellent take away last night. Simply the best curry house in the village imho
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2014 at 6:31pm
Taste is a matter of opinion, but I hope it's better than Tripti was.

Edited by Malc London - 01 January 2014 at 6:33pm
fitzy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fitzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2014 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

Taste is a matter of opinion, but I hope it's better than Tripti was.

You are right it is a mater of opinion. I saw your good review of spice and l will maybe give them another try, but I have found spice in the past bland on far to menny occasions
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2014 at 6:32pm
I found Tripti bland. Try the chicken chilli masala at Spice. Not too hot but tasty.

I wasn't going to bother with the CSP Indians as Malik's and Bawarchi were so good, but I'll give Spice another go.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>