Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New format

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by watsy watsy wrote:

Constructive criticism welcome as this was a large upgrade from the previous version - prefer it not to be derogatory and patronising please. "Great - NOT!" does not fit with the former more the latter.

Was meant to inform rather than offend - but pointedly rather than meekly. "Submitting" to anything, yet alone mere forum rules is best avoided IMO. A very poor choice of words.

P
Sponsored Links

Anita View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 4:08pm
Great new forum format but where is the active button telling you all new comments?
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 5:15pm
Hi Anita, if you scroll to the bottom of the first page (forum header page, don't know what you'd call it!!), down to where it shows you who's logged on, there is a section showing all active topics and latest posts.

Edited by Bobblehead - 01 August 2013 at 5:16pm
Sweet Pea View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweet Pea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 9:52pm
It looks good and its great that someone organises this.  It's a great asset to the village and to living here.  I dont know who other people are on the forum but I enjoy hearing everyone's views and imagining what you are all like! 
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 10:27pm
we did a forum get together in the white hart many years ago.......

need a stella and i need one now !
Butterfly View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2013 at 9:52am
It looks very nice. Thank you for all your hard work and I certainly missed it while it was gone. I am sure I will get used to it, I just do not adjust to change very well. 
I used to like the option to see newest posts first.  That was very useful when a topic went  go on and on. Maybe I just haven't found it yet lol!!! LOL
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2013 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Butterfly Butterfly wrote:

It looks very nice. Thank you for all your hard work and I certainly missed it while it was gone. I am sure I will get used to it, I just do not adjust to change very well. 
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">I </span><span style="line-height: 1.4;">used to like the option to see newest posts first.</span><span style="line-height: 1.4;"> </span> That was very useful when a topic went  go on and on. Maybe I just haven't found it yet lol!!! LOL

I also was going to mention this.
On the classic view, there is a little arrow on the extrem right. That links you you to the last post.
I haven't found a way of getting to the last post on the mobile view.

Otherwise, it's very nice, neat and tidy. Thank you to all involved.

Edited by hissing sid - 02 August 2013 at 11:51am
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12