Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New format

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New format
    Posted: 31 July 2013 at 5:03pm
Like it...Big smile
stop HS2.
Sponsored Links

Piglet View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piglet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2013 at 5:05pm
Me too - I've really missed the Forum while it's been "off air".  I always look forward to logging on and checking the gossip!  It's a great asset to the village - thanks to all who keep it going.
Paul_G View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2013 at 9:46pm
Adverts are annoyingly conspicuous.

Oh, and I had to 'submit' to the forum rules before I could post. Great - NOT!

p
Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2013 at 10:13pm
Well if we all contributed about £2 a year then I'm sure all the ads could go.
Is back in the game! :)
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 10:47am
watsy pays  to keep the forum alive,   dont knock it, he does this at his personal expense.....

i agree with walrus... if we all chipped in  watsy would not be out of pocket and the forum could continue.....

i know there used to be a ' donate' option via paypal....
need a stella and i need one now !
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 11:10am
The Paypal buttons won't be returning as they didn't work.  I'll re-look at the advertising in the near future but have other things to do at the moment.
Constructive criticism welcome as this was a large upgrade from the previous version - prefer it not to be derogatory and patronising please. "Great - NOT!" does not fit with the former more the latter.
Also noticed Chalfont Snapper image is missing now - was this missing before?

Edited by watsy - 01 August 2013 at 11:10am
Piglet View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piglet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 11:12am
Watsy - many people have negative reactions to change without considering the work that has gone into making that happen - I stick by my earlier comment that it is a great facility for the village to have and am grateful for all the hard work that goes into it.
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 11:50am
Agree with Piglet, really enjoy the forum and if ad's are the necessary evil to help it continue then so be it! We'll soon not even notice them!!:) I would be happy to contribute so Watsy doesn't carry all the cost.
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 11:53am
Whats a search robot??? And I do miss seeing who todays visitors have been but otherwise I think it's a great new layout.
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 12:33pm
What adverts, cannot see any, Must be my adblock.
stop HS2.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>