Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tripti

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nessun Dorma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2013 at 12:07am
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

thats my missus !- veggie but eats fish !
There is no such thing as a vegetarian who eats fish.
Sponsored Links

phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2013 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Nessun Dorma Nessun Dorma wrote:

Exactly my point.

And restaurants should know this, particularly those selling dishes inspired by countries where vast numbers of the population are vegetarian
Nessun Dorma View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nessun Dorma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2013 at 11:14am
Originally posted by phisch21 phisch21 wrote:

Originally posted by Nessun Dorma Nessun Dorma wrote:

Exactly my point.

And restaurants should know this, particularly those selling dishes inspired by countries where vast numbers of the population are vegetarian

The Ivy House used to do this and when I brought it to their attention, I was accused of not knowing what I was talking about; despite being a vegetarian for the last twenty-five years and having trained as a chef, worked in the catering industry for nearly twenty years and having a reasonable education.

Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2013 at 1:34pm
So Tripti's is no more? Sorry that I've been too lazy to trawl through to the beginning of this thread and read all the posts. Good luck to them. I look forward to trying out the new cuisine.

Edited by Bucks Fizz - 01 July 2013 at 1:36pm
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2013 at 2:22pm
Had a good meal in there last night.

Highly recommended..
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 7:00am
It was never the same after they did the refurb and it changed from being what I think of as an Indian restaurant (more like the next one down) into a modern art gallery. I go to an Indian for an experience and the decor is very much part of it, I was very sad when they changed it.
FayR View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FayR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 10:44am
Went last night and although the food was ok and good value for the banquet night, I won't be going back in a hurry!! Delhi is still by far the best for taste and their service is much better!
phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 11:22am
Had a takeaway from there the other night - not great. They should restyle it completely into something more like Masala Zone or Dishoom. All the curry houses in CSP and GX are pretty much the same
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 11:39am

Had a takeaway from there the other night - not great. They should restyle it completely into something more like Masala Zone or Dishoom. All the curry houses in CSP and GX are pretty much the same

Sorry phisch21 from new tripti or delhi spice?
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 1:10pm

. All the curry houses in CSP and GX are pretty much the same

Have to strongly disagree with that. GX curry houses are far superior, almost as good as South Harrow.

Never had a really nice curry from CSP having tried them all a number of times. Spice is probably the best in my opinion, although I appreciate that people have different tastes. If you like Tripti, you'll probably not like GX curries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>