Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tripti

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timo_w2s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

Have to strongly disagree with that. GX curry houses are far superior, almost as good as South Harrow.

Never had a really nice curry from CSP having tried them all a number of times. Spice is probably the best in my opinion, although I appreciate that people have different tastes. If you like Tripti, you'll probably not like GX curries.

I like Maliks in GX for a change now and then but prefer Tripti/Raj Darbar.

Not so keen on the restaurant on the A40 by the fire station though. I haven't tried the others in GX.
Who is General Failure and why's he reading my hard disk?
Sponsored Links

phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 2:14pm
Takeaway was from the restaurant formerly known as Tripti. What I mean by they are all the same is the menus are all pretty much the same. The taste differs a little, but the choice of dishes is very limited

Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2013 at 6:01am
Had a takeaway from there last night. Not bad. Specials choice wasn't great but had the lamb chop special. It was very tasty and full of flavour. The misses had a CTM which had loads of chicken in it and full but not to heavy sauce.

There is still news stories and "curry chef of the year" awards from 2001 on the wall that relate to Tripti. Not exactly current!
Is back in the game! :)
nicnac View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicnac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2013 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

Originally posted by phisch21 phisch21 wrote:

. All the curry houses in CSP and GX are pretty much the same

Have to strongly disagree with that. GX curry houses are far superior, almost as good as South Harrow.

Never had a really nice curry from CSP having tried them all a number of times. Spice is probably the best in my opinion, although I appreciate that people have different tastes. If you like Tripti, you'll probably not like GX curries.

The owner of spice used to manage curry mahal in south harrow many years ago, that was a nice place back in the day!
Yorkie View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yorkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 5:20pm
I went there last night and was not impressed, the food was bland and atmosphere was lacking, and why can not a curry house sell proper ale?
Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 10:00pm
Can't comment on the food as I won't eat in a place where the decor reminds me of Habitat! I want flock wallpaper with elephants on and Indian music and plastic vegetation, with dim lighting and tables separated for some privacy and maybe a fish tank. Hmmm now where do I remember that from?
Have to agree with the real ale comment but many would say that a Cobra is the only drink to accompany a curry.
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2013 at 1:08pm
There used to be such a place in GX until a few years ago, next door to Maliks. Had everything a 1970's authentic Indian Restaraunt could wish for, and the food wasn't bad either.

I'm sure the setting will come back in some retro setting in the future, along with a Berni selling Prawn Cocktail, Sirloin Steak and Black Forest Gateau.

Perhaps we might even have Kebabs that don't fall apart.

phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2013 at 5:31pm
I have always been a fan of Tripti, but, having had an average take away from there some weeks ago I thought I'd give Delhi Spice a try. Mainly because they offer a choice of main dishes that contain neither meat nor fish. I was very impressed and have now switched my allegiance to Delhi Spice.

I do still prefer to make my own, but some days cooking can be too much effort.

Yorkie View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yorkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2013 at 9:58pm
I do like a cobra, as it is not to gassy, but a nice rebellion ipa would go nicely.
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2013 at 1:45pm
Four of us dined out at Raj Durbar (formerly Tripti's) last night for the first time since the staff took it over. It was sad that there were so few diners in on a Friday night (though lots calling for takeaways) because the meal was absolutely sumptuous (esp my butter chicken and the naans, also the tarka dall, and ....)and the bill was far less than we expected. Add to that the warm and friendly yet very discreet (attentive but not hovering) service, and it all made for a truly lovely evening. We were made to feel most welcome indeed. Will certainly visit again very soon. Thank you Raj Durbar (and eid Mubarak to you).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>