Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blacktree Property / Barringtons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blacktree Property / Barringtons
    Posted: 18 January 2013 at 6:10pm
You may have noticed a few months ago that Barrington Property / Winkworth became Blacktree Property. Barrington's former customers were told by Blacktree that they were taking over both Barrington's business and premises and all existing Ts and Cs would be honoured and not to worry about the fact that the mydeposits scheme had written to landlords telling them Barringtons had left the scheme because Blacktree was going to sort this all out.

Imagine my surprise this morning when I received a letter through the post from Blacktree saying that actually they never bought the Barrington's business (contrary to what they'd originally said) that Barringtons had not transferred over the tenants' deposits they were holding, and that anyone wanting to claim their deposit back should follow up with Barringtons as it was nothing to do with Blacktree. I hate to think how many tenants out there have lost their deposits through this farcical situation. Of course Blacktree never got round the insuring these deposits, so they really sorted it out like they said they would!

Oh and now Blacktree have said they are leaving the area - another way of saying running away. 

People have been swindled out of hard earned money as a result.

Edited by mazza - 21 January 2013 at 11:01am
Sponsored Links

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 8:02pm
and one of the senior partners from Barringtons in CSP lives in CSP.......

awkward !!!
need a stella and i need one now !
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2013 at 12:13pm
Same thing happened with Coleman and Green.
mazza View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2013 at 1:17pm
Did people manage to get their money back?
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2013 at 2:39pm
I did, but it took some persuading.
mazza View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2013 at 4:20pm
Did you explore any legal avenues at all? Thanks
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2013 at 6:51pm
Well i found John, i think that was his name, and got him to give my deposit back.
Not sure on what legal avenues if any there are.
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2013 at 7:00am
When did you take out, or renew, the tenancy? If after 2007 I thought this was covered by a Deposit Protection Service. https://www.gov.uk/tenancy-deposit-protection/overview
I also think I spotted that it is the Landlord's reponsibility to make sure it is protected so it might also be worth talking to them.

Citizen's Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office as a start?

Art

Edited by ArtB - 20 January 2013 at 7:04am
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
mazza View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2013 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Dave-R Dave-R wrote:

Well i found John, i think that was his name, and got him to give my deposit back.

You've done better than my tenants so far - I've spoken to him a number of times and he's point blank refused to accept any responsibility, blaming Barringtons and effectively saying it's the tenants' problems. What I have found outrageous in all of this is the fact that Blacktree have quite obviously lied to their customers, first saying they'd bought Barringtons and then saying they didn't. One of those statements is a clear fabrication.

Unfortunately the mydeposits scheme doesn't cover this because Barringtons left it and never transferred the deposits to Blacktree.

No wonder estate agents have a bad reputation... shame for the other ones in the area.
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2013 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by mazza mazza wrote:

Originally posted by Dave-R Dave-R wrote:

You've done better than my tenants so far .....

Ahhh.... So you are the Landlord.

Art
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>