Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Chat To The Bucks Ad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Contacting the Advertiser

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 2:08pm

Originally posted by Eddie Eddie wrote:

I beg to disagree Malc. I think the Bucks Ad SHOULD run this story. It made national TV for goodness sake.They can watch the show again (fast forward to 20 minutes) here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/politics_show/defaul t.stm

Peter's erstwhile colleague Neil agrees with me

Her comment was one line of a 6 minute segement on tory grassroots voting for the leader of the party. Having watched the clip I can find no malice or racism in it. I feel this is a political issue raised by a Labour cllr on another forum with a personal axe to grind and as such has been deleted from this site.

I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
Sponsored Links

Eddie View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 6:21pm
Well I'm only grateful he alerted me to it .

Is it really acceptable in this day and age to have prominent local people saying things like " If we leave selection to MPs we might end up with a Black Leader"?

You DON'T KNOW these people Dan . I DO. They  are like dinosaurs from an age when people still worked "in service" and "Black People" were considered an inferior species.

EDIT and I find your deletion of that thread offensive and self opinionated. Can I not express an opinion?

Edited by Eddie
They say Kesey's dead; But never trust a prankster;even underground.
Helen View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 9:05pm
Well, the editor thank you ,spoke to me today and Ben came round and took details for making people more aware what the chamber does. I was unaware of the late hours you keep on election day and can only appolgise, Once again thank you.
Eddie View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 10:21pm
Hello Ben,

your patch. Forbuoys in GX are selling a mountain of what looks like counterfeit Nescafe coffee. £1.99 for 400g, no best before, a dodgy sticker on the jar

GO FOR IT newshound

DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 11:29am

Originally posted by Eddie Eddie wrote:

Well I'm only grateful he alerted me to it .

Is it really acceptable in this day and age to have prominent local people saying things like " If we leave selection to MPs we might end up with a Black Leader"?

You DON'T KNOW these people Dan . I DO. They  are like dinosaurs from an age when people still worked "in service" and "Black People" were considered an inferior species.

EDIT and I find your deletion of that thread offensive and self opinionated. Can I not express an opinion?

I agree they are like dinosaurs and we should all await the comet that will wipe them out with glee. However, the woman did not say " If we leave selection to MPs we might end up with a Black Leader". Someone elses comments from another forum, who has emphasised the word 'black' by using capitals to show emphasis where there was none in either tone or inflection, and was specifically designed and written to stir up either racial tension or play the race card against another party because of his own political views does not belong on this board.

I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
Helen View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 11:14pm
Please can you read the post COC 23/09/05 and put in nexts week advertiser Ben, it would be purrfect,  thank you in advance, Helen
Helen View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 10:43am
Dear editor, thank you for putting us on the front page, fontie had suggested page 3 but then i reminded her you are not the sun and we are all natural at fake it.
fontie View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fontie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 11:10am
Well done Helen and other COC members. Well it worked, the Bucks Add did run this story and has done you all proud by placing it on their front page. Lets hope this story makes residents more aware of what the COC does for our fab village. 
Jingle bells....
Bucks Ad Editor View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Ad Editor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 11:39am
Thanks for your comments.

As you must all be aware by now we do our very best
to give our readers what they want.

I hope you will all go and buy a copy – there are lots
of good Chalfont stories in this week's edition.

Here are just some:

NSE Homes Plan Changes.
Man stabbed near Austenwood Lane.
Vandals damage High Street shop.
Mum's tribute to son who died in bike crash.
Plan for £1.65m centre at The Chalfonts Community
College.
All the general and Bucks County Council election
results and analysis.
Plus all the usual entertainment news in The Guide,
as well as our property and motoring sections.

Not bad for 45p I am sure you will all agree!

Peter

Edited by Bucks Ad Editor
peterkrinks@trinitysouth.co.uk. 01753 888333. Buckinghamshire Advertiser, The Vale, Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire. SL9 9ST
Eddie View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 11:42am
Is Sarah's column there this week? Pierre gets withdawal symptoms if not
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>