Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

where to buy chopsticks?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: where to buy chopsticks?
    Posted: 20 June 2012 at 6:53pm
Hi all, were cooking Thai for some friends at the weekend, and have just realised we have no idea where to get chopsticks from locally, does anyone know of anywhere?
Sponsored Links

phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 9:13am
Nearest place I can think of is the big Chinese supermarket on the North Circ just north of Hanger Lane Gyratory

Else you could ask the local Chinese restaurants/takeways if they will sell you some?
BuzzBunny View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 9:41am
Ikea?
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 2:10pm
use a fork...LOL
stop HS2.
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by oldchris oldchris wrote:

use a fork...LOL

Good advice, I think the norm is spoon and fork.

Art
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2012 at 11:20am
Thai is not normally eaten with chopsticks. Indeed, the fork/spoon combo is normally used; however the fork is only ever used like a knife to move food on to the spoon and should never be used for eating off.

I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2012 at 1:21pm
The Walmer Castle http://www.walmercastle.co.uk/ which has a Thai chef give you chopsticks with your order

lesleyr View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesleyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2012 at 9:12pm
Golden River along the Lower road in chalfont st peter used to sell chopsticks, if not there is a chinese supermarket in West drayton along the high street just past iceland on the right hand side if coming from Uxbridge. Ying%20Yang
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2012 at 11:45pm
how do you eat Thai soup with chopsticksLOL
stop HS2.
Chillies View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2013 at 2:37pm
I have plenty of Korean chopsticks if you want some.

They are very different to Chinese style ones and I find them much easier to use, but then I use them 3 or 4 times a week.

They are also Stainless steel so can go in the diswasher too.
www.chalfontchillies.co.uk Twitter: @chalfontchillie Facebook: chalfontchillies

Often to be seen walking his Staffie Cross and two Chihuahuas so please say hello
 Post Reply Post Reply