Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Forum > Forum Of The Damned
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

They are going to kill themselves.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2012 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

Or if you prefer, try the A40 towards Beaconsfield and drive at 35mph. You will almost certainly cause a near miss head on collision.

So drive at 50 when it's clear and at 35 when it's raining, icy, etc. no need to increase the limit. It won't be you causing an accident, it will be the impatience of the driver behind you

Edited by phisch21 - 07 June 2012 at 1:06pm
Sponsored Links

Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2012 at 1:29pm
That's what I do.  What I am saying is that speed limits have no such descretion and are generally too low for perfect conditions.

The speed limit from the Target to Polish War Memorial is 50mph. Any reason why? No houses, no pedestrians and the same road becomes 70mph just after. 

If the speed limits are too low, of course people are going to break them.  
isntitnice View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isntitnice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2012 at 1:38pm

Originally posted by isntitnice isntitnice wrote:

So wrong. I think you would benefit from a 'refresher' driving lesson or at least a seminar.

OK, so you think the speed limit driving on a clear day with no traffic should be the same at night in pouring rain with no street lights?  Or do you think the limit is set at the lowest for all eventualities?

Next, try driving down the A413 towards Chalfont St Giles at 20mph, and see how long it is before someone tries to overtake you.

Or if you prefer, try the A40 towards Beaconsfield and drive at 35mph. You will almost certainly cause a near miss head on collision.

Seriously, take a driving lesson or attend a speed awareness course where you can discuss your compelling ideas on road safety.
phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2012 at 2:40pm

The speed limit from the Target to Polish War Memorial is 50mph. Any reason why? No houses, no pedestrians and the same road becomes 70mph just after. 

50mph heading into town due to the road narrowing to two lanes then a third lane merging, then narrowing back to two I imagine.

50mph heading out of town - no idea, maybe because it has to be the same limit in both directions? or perhaps as it is a busy stretch of road a lot of the time and hence care needs to be taken with traffic merging from the left (and idiots who have to get straigh into the middle lane

Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2012 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by phisch21 phisch21 wrote:

50mph heading out of town - no idea, maybe because it has to be the same limit in both directions? or perhaps as it is a busy stretch of road a lot of the time and hence care needs to be taken with traffic merging from the left (and idiots who have to get straigh into the middle lane

Doesn't have to be, but its simpler.  There are some bozo's out there that would moan its too complicated otherwise.
A slower speed also helps traffic flow
Is back in the game! :)
kermie55 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kermie55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2012 at 5:08pm
Isntitnice, I have taken driving courses, have you?
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2012 at 6:12pm
I know someone who went on a speed awareness course. They were told have fast you can travel on the M25 before the camera is activated.

Remember, 83% of drivers admit to going over the limit.
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2012 at 6:34pm
83% of drivers admit to breaking the limit, 17% of drivers are liars!
Ive done advanced driving courses almost to the level of traffic pursuit officers. Never done a speed awareness course but ive heard that they talk about crashes at 130mph which is a bit odd considering the only people that go on those are people who have gone within 12 mph of the limit i believe?

isntitnice View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isntitnice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2012 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by kermie55 kermie55 wrote:

Isntitnice, I have taken driving courses, have you?

That's good to know, I'm sure we're all safer for it .
kermie55 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kermie55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2012 at 6:15pm
Dave-R. Speed awareness courses do not talk about 130mph crashes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>