Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joiners Lane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allotment man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joiners Lane
    Posted: 22 February 2012 at 5:26pm
I meant to post this a while ago

It is nice to see that they have re surfaced part of joiners lane, but what a terrible job they have done.

What was the point in repairing the drains over the past two weeks, when the re-surfaced road is already wearing out. It is in a terrible state already.

I hope Bucks CC will not have to pay for a new surface after approx 4 months of use, it should be the company who did the work as it should have lasted longer than it has.

I suspect I know the answer to that question - of course they will pay again.

I doubt any Bucks CC Councillor will reply to this and explain why the surface is already worn out.
Sponsored Links

Annoying Jamie View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annoying Jamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2012 at 7:47pm
The state of the roads is disgusting, look at Maxwell Road Beaconsfield towards the roundabout by WHSmiths. Thats just one of a hundred examples i could come up with in the area. Still better to spend money on PC projects and stuff like tht Angry
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2012 at 1:19pm
The finish of the tarmac in Joiners Lane is terrible. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be like that or if someone had knocked on the front door of the council office and offered to do the job on the cheap.

It's like they laid the base and forgot to put the finish to it.

allotment man View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allotment man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 5:57pm
I see now that the road has been marked up with yellow paint so repairs are about to start - Less than 6 months since it was resurfaced.

Now Bucks CC, or local councillors perhaps you will reply to my new questions, or do I have too waste more of my Council tax submitting a FOI request.

Who is paying for the new repairs ?
How much is the repairs costing ?
If Bucks CC are paying for the repairs, then why ?

Edited by allotment man - 17 May 2012 at 5:58pm
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 8:19am
"Now Bucks CC, or local councillors perhaps you will reply to my new questions, or do I have too waste more of my Council tax submitting a FOI request."

This is an independent community forum - not run by local government - not sure any councillors read this.
The AGM would have been a good place to ask. Very poor attendance by the village at the event.
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2012 at 8:46pm
Repairing Joiners Lane again today.
DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2012 at 9:13am
They repaired School Lane the other day. Unfortunately they ran out of time to repair everything that had been marked, so simply removed the marking instead of doing the job properly!
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
 Post Reply Post Reply