Forum Home Forum Home > Organisations > Chalfont St Peter Businesses
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Business Groups

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Business Groups
    Posted: 20 December 2011 at 10:26am
In the last year I've had a few phone calls and emails regarding networking events in the local area. They are usual held at 7am in the morning somewhere so that rules me out straight away, but they also seem fairly hard sell which also puts me off. I cannot name any off the top of my head now but any opinions at all for other members out there?

I've also received a couple of emails from a Buckinghamshire Business First which seems slightly different - does anyone have experience of that also?
Sponsored Links

Neil View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 11:28am
I visited one as a guest years ago. Definitely a hard sell in terms of joining... they even tried to get me to sign up right there and then. Was pretty expensive.

What was more "expensive" was the committment require to attend most of the weekly early morning meetings (I think you could have a "holiday" a couple of weeks a year or something). As you said about you... I simply could not make that sort of committment.
prettypictures View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettypictures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 9:37am
the one you are talking about is BNI which have a requirement to attend at least 48 breakfast meeting pa or send a proxy in your stead; they also require you to obtain new recruits; it seemed to be a lot of trouble and expense for an unclear benefit.

BNI probably works for business to business rather than the domestic market which I am involved in.

The one that the FSB recommend is Business Biscotti which is free; there is no compulsion to recruit or turn up on a regular basis and provides a similar networking opportunity; they have several branches: some much better than others as I found out: I walked out of one of their branches after 10 minutes there due to a less than warm reception; I guess it is finding a branch that suits.

Peter.
pretty pictures
 Post Reply Post Reply