Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 7:32pm
looks like it as this dish is a in house special, i think.
stop HS2.
Sponsored Links

Henry View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2012 at 1:29pm
Both owned by the same person.
Keep the green belt green
nicnac View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicnac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2012 at 1:21pm
yeah they are both owned by Zia, the owner. Ive been to Sathi, Its a lovely place. Very friendly atmosphere
fitzy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fitzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2013 at 7:07pm
has anyone else noticed over the last couple of months the curries are no way as hot as they used to be. i have had 6 take aways or meals in recently and found tbem qjite bland. shame i think i will have to vote with my feet.
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2013 at 5:02am
Originally posted by fitzy fitzy wrote:

has anyone else noticed over the last couple of months the curries are no way as hot as they used to be. i have had 6 take aways or meals in recently and found tbem qjite bland. shame i think i will have to vote with my feet.

Yes, Spice has definately cut down on their quality & portions.

Shame.

Delhi spice is ok, with Tripti the empty restaurant most nights speaks volumes!

We now use Maliks or Barwarchi in GX for our curries.
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
PeaBee View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeaBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2013 at 2:47pm
Spice................and their prices seem to have risen shed-loads
fitzy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fitzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2013 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by brewski brewski wrote:

Originally posted by fitzy fitzy wrote:

Yes, Spice has definately cut down on their quality & portions.

Shame.

Delhi spice is ok, with Tripti the empty restaurant most nights speaks volumes!

We now use Maliks or Barwarchi in GX for our curries.

i think i will give tripti another go (also find delhi spice very bland) before i go further afield. i will look into maliks and barwarchi. thanks for the tip.
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2013 at 8:29pm
i make my own now, don't bother with these places now, it all tastes the same to me, very poor, it's not real Indian food anyhow.

Edited by oldchris - 13 March 2013 at 8:30pm
stop HS2.
fitzy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fitzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2013 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by oldchris oldchris wrote:

i make my own now, don't bother with these places now, it all tastes the same to me, very poor, it's not real Indian food anyhow.

So do I. I only get a take away or dine out about once month. My jalfrazi is not bad for a talentless amature.
nicnac View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicnac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 10:11pm
Hey

That's a shame to hear that you have not enjoyed the food. I dine In most weekends and absolutely love the food, it's amazing! I'm my opinion and most of those whom I know in the village agree that the quality has got better and better. Maybe speak to the owner if you have been disappointed previously, he's very accommodating and does welcome any comments.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>