Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

American Homeland security

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2011 at 5:30pm
The worst immigration experiences we've had were back in the 90s at LAX & Miami - in both cases down to simply having insufficient staff around to handle multiple incoming big jets, leading to people getting cross & rude, with predictable response from officialdom. If anything, since 9/11, although the processes have gotten more complicated, I've found the staff to be friendly & welcoming - hopefully this will continue now the Transportation Security Administration have taken over responsibility for airports.
The more that things change, the more they stay the same
Sponsored Links

born and bred View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote born and bred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2011 at 4:04pm
 I didn't realise so many locals travelled to the States.

local born and bred
Calvados Kid View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvados Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2011 at 5:02pm
I have never been there and I aint goin there anytime soon. No sir, not in these trousers.     Shocked
verba volant scripta manent
Pants 2 Tight View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pants 2 Tight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2011 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Nico Nico wrote:

If anything, since 9/11, although the processes have gotten more complicated, I've found the staff to be friendly & welcoming
I went to New York on business 6 weeks after 11/9 and it was hell. We all understood why it was so bad so we just toughed it out and didn't moan but the officials were horrible, just horrible. They treated us like cattle.

There were so many complaints and horror stories emerging that changes were eventually made to the processes and personnel training but it's still a chore to get through.

It's so much nicer if they just smile once in a while.
phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2011 at 5:23pm
depends on the airport - JFK a nightmare and staff generally rude. Newark is great plus the journey into Manhatten is much much easier
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2011 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by born and bred born and bred wrote:

dont have a choice.... work send me !
need a stella and i need one now !
Chillies View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 6:50pm
All the Eastern Airports are very slow i have never had issues on Internal flights though and I do that a bit.

Germany is getting easier now. I go there once a week and it is getting almost walk through, eathrow on the other hand.. last Friday 58 minutes at T1 ..
www.chalfontchillies.co.uk Twitter: @chalfontchillie Facebook: chalfontchillies

Often to be seen walking his Staffie Cross and two Chihuahuas so please say hello
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2011 at 12:38am
Originally posted by born and bred born and bred wrote:

The immigration stories put me off.  Prefer Italy.

Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2011 at 6:56am
I might add that I've had very good experiences flying into San Francisco. The Immigration Officer was particularly friendly. He wished me a happy St Patrick's Day and recommended things for me to see in that wonderful city. Am going to fly into San Diego airport in a couple of days. Will report back on the welcome there.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2011 at 9:36am
san diego airport approach is great,  you come in low and fast, and just above the roof lines of local properties ...- you can see the residents reading their newspapers -you are that close....
need a stella and i need one now !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>