Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Budgens Refit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesleyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Budgens Refit
    Posted: 10 August 2011 at 9:14pm

Have seen that Budgens are advetising for staff for after there refit. they are asking for butchers, bakers, coffee shop manager, and a new store manager, Does anyone know when this is happening ? Smile

Sponsored Links

Calvados Kid View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvados Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 8:28am

What about candle stick makers ?     LOL

verba volant scripta manent
Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 9:42am
I understand it was happening in September.
Sunray
Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 9:43am
Coffee shop manager,.............just what we need another coffeee shop!!!
Sunray
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 10:50am
They need to do something. I went to Tesco GX for the first time this week, Budgens and Co-op in the last week and Budgens was the worst of the lot - Tesco's and I'm grinding my teeth as I say it were absolutely miles ahead.

Budgens in my opinion if they are going to compete need to extend the building across the car pack by the mobility place, buy the land with the library and ambulance station (incorporating both somehow) and doubling the size. The final part should be to replace the budgens sign with waitrose - then it might be able to compete....
Pants 2 Tight View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pants 2 Tight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 11:24am
When I first moved here (10 years ago), Gerrards Cross was a much worse shopping experience than CSP. I rated Budgens over Fishers and we had a nice selection of shops. In that period though Gerrards Cross has really pushed on. The inclusion of Costa, Subway, M&S and the new Tesco along with Jungs really gives it a bit more of a 'High Street' feel. The mix of those stores along with Holland and Barrett, Boots and the good selection of independent shops gives a nice overall impression.

I think CSP is getting left behind. It's looking increasingly shabby, mostly due to the embarrassment of a DIY shop in the centre and partly due to Budgens that feels like something from the 1970's.

OK, rant over.
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 5:29pm
I think the arrival of the pound shop may be the beginning of the end. This, and the very scruffy home stores will put off the sort of retailers who have moved into GX.
lesleyr View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesleyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 6:05pm
The arrival of tesco in gerrards cross is responsible for some of the premium shops that are being attracted to the area. So love it or hate it it has made shopping in gerrards cross a much more pleasant expeirence with a decent selection of shops, and free parking. I do like to support my local shops and restaurants but at the moment the village does not offer what alot of people need. Its a shame because when i first moved to the village almost 20 years ago we had a decent selection of resonably priced shops. And in these economic times we all have to watch the pennies.
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 6:10pm
That's true in most places but I don't see many eateries closing down in GX. They're usually fairly full too. No shortage of diners and spenders over there. That's why ours have to be better.

Chillies View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 6:23pm
I agree with many of the comments but locally who is allowing or refusing companies to open stores in CSP? what does the Council or Parish Council offer as a welcome? If they do not see it as a key location who would try, plus most of them are franchise operations.

When Waitrose opens there will be 3 supermarkets, at least 7 hairdressers and god knows how many estate agents all within 200m in GX.

You have to give a brand something to attract them to a site and diversity. I love living in CSP but if i was a brand i would say it is stuck in a time warp.
www.chalfontchillies.co.uk Twitter: @chalfontchillie Facebook: chalfontchillies

Often to be seen walking his Staffie Cross and two Chihuahuas so please say hello
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>