Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can anyone employ my Daughter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 4:17pm
Menswear shop. £3 per day. 

Sponsored Links

Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 10:57pm
I started in a shop as a paper boy, begged the boss for a few hours on a saturday.  Begged them for a job and more hours.

Least i didnt get my mum to find one for me.

Typically bloody southern middle class - want everything handed on a bleeding plate.
Is back in the game! :)
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 6:57am
Originally posted by Walrus Walrus wrote:

Typically bloody southern middle class - want everything handed on a bleeding plate.

I did paper rounds too, both morning and evening, and at weekends went door to door on my bicycle washing cars, before landing the shop job. I'm southern!
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 7:01am
That should end with "and that's how I became CEO and a multi-millionaire" but somehow it all went wrong after that.
PeaBee View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeaBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 8:41am
Smile

Well thank you for your comments so far and thank you Bobblehead for your input.
I do agree that looking after a baby is a lot different from minding a toddler/child and your idea of assistance even whilst you yourself are at home is an interesting one.
Perhaps a 'free trial' sometime could be a way forward.
lesleyr View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesleyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 11:45am
Peabee it might be worth your daughter trying tesco in gerrards cross, i work there and know that they are interviewing for saturdays, sundays and evenings the rate of pay is good as they pay all there general assistants the same rate of pay, not on a scale according to age,
Emsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Walrus Walrus wrote:

Least i didnt get my mum to find one for me.

I note that Walrus continues to be deliberately inflammatory Wink
Personally I don't have a problem with PeaBee's daughter asking her mum to help her find a job, alot of employment opportunities arise through contacts. Better to ask your mum for help than to go and out smash shop windows and take what you want.
A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.
Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 4:48pm
Ha! - yeah im a grumpy old fool out to provoke reaction.

Is back in the game! :)
calendergirl View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calendergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2011 at 5:35pm
Was in Little Chalfont today and electrical shop looking for part time summer holiday person.
Chillies View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2011 at 12:37am
new cafe in GX Nero have big sign looking for staff
www.chalfontchillies.co.uk Twitter: @chalfontchillie Facebook: chalfontchillies

Often to be seen walking his Staffie Cross and two Chihuahuas so please say hello
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>