Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Forum > Forum Of The Damned
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speeding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speeding
    Posted: 11 July 2011 at 3:33pm
What gets me is that the "reason" for the 30mph limit is because of the crossing, yet the Police van is there to catch people after the crossing and yards before the limit reverts to 50mph.

The Government have pledged to control cameras placed purely for profit. They could start with this road.
Sponsored Links

Chillies View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2011 at 4:21pm
I am staggered everyday when I drive past the cash machines, sorry cameras, that no one has added any comments to the signs that say it is 30 for a reason !!
I have a few reasons: revenue raising, revenue raising, oh and revenue raising, and pledge under my breath every day to stop and put a label saying that on them.
However I am a law abiding type and do not urge anyone to do this or support social indiscipline, would make me chuckle however  Clap
www.chalfontchillies.co.uk Twitter: @chalfontchillie Facebook: chalfontchillies

Often to be seen walking his Staffie Cross and two Chihuahuas so please say hello
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2011 at 4:50pm
the 30mph is for the safety of the workmen i seem to remember we were told, err, what workmen!
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2011 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by born and bred born and bred wrote:

Driving into Uxbridge this morning I noticed the police had parked their speed detection van in the layby just before the BP garage. I guess a very profitable morning.

If the reduced speed limit is because of the crossing, why are the Police positioned to catch motorists after the crossing and just yards before the speed limit reverts to 50 mph?

Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2011 at 6:20pm
Easy targets and revenue!
Calvados Kid View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvados Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2011 at 2:59pm
It is not as if there are not many places where speed traps would be both beneficial and lucrative.
verba volant scripta manent
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 2:37pm
A lot of those average speed cameras are dummys. This told to me by a very good friend who worked on the M25 widening and the M4 resurfacing between J5 and J6.Average speed camera systems are very expensive to install and service therefore most are dummys,,but which!??!
I don't risk it myself and often wonder when the lorries are flying past me do they know something i don't?

Edited by Dave-R - 28 July 2011 at 2:38pm
Paul_G View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2011 at 6:49pm
Everybody targets motorists - why should the police be any different?

There are some really crap speed limits around CSP so nicking a few motorists and getting the 'crime' stats up shouln't be too difficult.

Paul
 Post Reply Post Reply