Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3 Oaks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ribeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 Oaks
    Posted: 04 July 2011 at 8:33am
Had a meal at the 3 Oaks on Saturday. Good quality food, and friendly service. Prices make it a place to go once in a while. They still haven't quite sorted out the bar versus restaurant issue though.. if you get one of the tables in the bar area then people walk past you from the garden to get their pints. Still a big improvement on the 3 pigs!
Sponsored Links

Integra View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Integra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 5:13pm
Ate at the 3 Oaks last night with Mrs Integra and the food and service were excellent.

The prices are however high and so I would give it only a fair for value and I'm still not convinced it has got the restaurant vs gastro pub image thing sorted properly.

It was busy which is a great sign and I wish it well.
Integra Property Services
01753 889287
07717 295369
www.integra-ps.com
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2011 at 10:17am
me and mrs baggles had dinner there last night and i agree with integra... food and service were very very good....pesentation of food and flavour was top notch... but dinner for two with 2 beers and 2 glasses of house wine and you have an £82 bill....

its a special occaisons place....
need a stella and i need one now !
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2011 at 10:51am
£82 is not bad for 2 with wine, was it 3 course?
stop HS2.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 8:45am

with 2 glasses of house wine....not a bottle !-

need a stella and i need one now !
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

with 2 glasses of house wine....not a bottle !-

yer, that is a bit over then.
stop HS2.
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 7:06pm
Yes it is a bit rich, saturday, The Ivy House, excellent in all respects, 4 adults, 2 kids, 3 courses for adults, 2 for kids, large bottle of sparkling water, apple juice, glass of white, glass of port, 2 pints of bitter, bottle of red, 3 coffees £160 which I thought wasn't bad and certainly for the quality at all. It really is back on form.
J.R. View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 8:20am

this is in Marlow - just got its 2nd Mich Star & isn't that much more expensive !!
JR was ere
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 10:11am
shin of beef for me, yum.
stop HS2.
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 11:16am
I love the hand of flowers, it is a lovely place and worth every penny but I have to say last time I was there I'm sure it was nearer 60 a head with both of us driving for 3 courses, coffee and a glass of wine. But as I say worth every penny!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>