Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scrap Metal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piglet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scrap Metal
    Posted: 05 April 2011 at 1:16pm
I have an old gas cooker that I need to get rid of.  I've contacted various charities but obviously because it's a gas appliance none of them are interested.  It won't fit in my car to take to the tip - anyone know of a scrap metal dealer who might take it?
Sponsored Links

born and bred View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote born and bred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 1:28pm
 Try the council - you do pay rates.
local born and bred
Piglet View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piglet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 1:34pm
I think you have to pay to have the Council take it away - object to paying more on top of my Council Tax!
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 2:51pm
Hello! Yes you do £30, just had a quote off the council for a dishwasher. They will take upto 5 items for that. A friend of mine just left her old washing machine outside of her house,admittedly not in CSP, and it went within a day. Apparently scrap metal guys will drive around regularly to see whats been put out and just remove it. Might be worth a go!!
PeaBee View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeaBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 3:12pm
Might be worth putting a sign on top 'Free to collector'
I picked up a nice office chair from outside a house once from someone who had just done that.....................actually i'm sitting on it now as I type!
DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 3:21pm
Freecycle it
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
jdp80 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdp80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 4:17pm
I've seen some guys driving a flatbed transit around GX/CSP, with a load of scrap metal in the back.

They were scoping people's gardens as they drove past, so I assume if you leave it outside, someone will soon take it away..
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 6:02pm
The dishwasher I was going to get rid of! It was in my neighbours garage. Last week they put it on their boundary and it was gone the next day, they've just told me so! Put it out and see what happens!
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 6:33pm
chuck it down mumfords...LOL..(joke)

muttley View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muttley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 7:02pm
Leave it outside , will be gone in no time :)
Doh !!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>