Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Madeira

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2011 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by DanW DanW wrote:

They will not get an A3 licence - El Boncena got one somehow, but according to CDCs own guidlines there are now too many A3 premises in the area.

Well obviously not if some are trading without an A3.

In the village on Saturday all these outlets had customers, seems to be enough business to go round.  We have enough empty premises to house any other business who wants to start up in CSP.

Now the ex video shop and the health shop would make a good restaurant if knocked through. Anyone interested? Wink

Sponsored Links

Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 8:00am
Well, regardless of the views of those villagers who would rather see shops lying empty, I was in Madeira yesterday and they were doing good business. They do really good coffee and, although I did not order lunch, the lunches of those who did looked very good, and the prices very reasonable. I've seen a few folks I know from GX in there too, so we're now rivalling GX for quality food (not just takeaway burgers).
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 8:13am
I agree, the full breakfast is excellent and they are very accomodating in there. I went to Fego with friends on Sunday, 4 ate a cooked breakfast each and teas, orange,etc £48??!! Really?? Who can afford that on a regular basis, certainly not me. Having had the same in Madeira a week or so previously, £22 and really good quality. Have not yet tried Funchal, it always seems to be empty which concerns me. Has anyone else tried it?
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 11:20am
No, not yet, but if they are as friendly and as reasonably priced in the Funchal as in the Madeira, it won't be long till I do. 'Fraid I don't do burgers and I can make my own bacon banjos, and, tho I love a decent curry (thank you Spices), decent coffee and European style food is just the ticket for a weekday treat. Anyone eaten at The Village Hall, recently?
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 12:12pm
Yes, I had a meal in Funchal and it was very nice. Will definately go back.

Not tried Madeira yet but looks inviting.

Chillies View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2011 at 11:17am
Due to the number of Farmers Markets this weekend Mrs Chillies and I have been in Madeira twice.

Other than the card machine not working so take your cash, we had two great meals/lunches. Very polite service and not intrusive. Meat ball french stick was to die for lol home made and just enough
www.chalfontchillies.co.uk Twitter: @chalfontchillie Facebook: chalfontchillies

Often to be seen walking his Staffie Cross and two Chihuahuas so please say hello
Bodyworks View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodyworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 7:37pm
Have to say, we finally had enough time to take a lunch break today and went to Madeira- absolutely delicious, great value and the staff are lovely!

I too had the meatball baguette mmmmm
Bodyworks Clinic
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2011 at 12:53pm
Breakfasted in Madeira this morning - the 'small breakfast' is very good value and good quality (half the price of Fego's). I wished I'd gone for lunch however, as their special today is grilled limpets, with garlic butter and lemon. I haven't eaten those since I was in Madeira (the island) and they were fantastic then. I know us Brits generally find mussels pretty exotic and some might be put off at the thought of limpets, but they are usually very tasty when cooked Portuguese style. I couldn't really eat there twice in one day ... or could I?
Anita View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2011 at 11:43am
I had dinner last night here with 8 other people. The food and service was brilliant, we all had 3 courses with coffee and the bill came to £18 per head. Obviously we took our own drinks which made it such a reasonable night  out. Clap
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 11:23pm
been in here a few times now, it's the best coffee shop in village for me.
stop HS2.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123