Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic Lights Tesco GX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GH Commoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Bucks Fizz Bucks Fizz wrote:

To add a little seasonal cheer to this mess, I can confirm ('heard it today from the horse's mouth) that WAITROSE are to open their new store in Amersham on the Hill on 2nd December, and that the branch planned for Gerrards Cross is definitely to go ahead, albeit that it will not open until 2012. As for TESCO in GX,what's the betting that all the good folks of GX who were so against the store will nevertheless be queueing up to pile into the store for 'bargains' when it opens? Love to hear your views everyone. By the way, it would have been nice if Tesco had put up some signs this week warning that the new traffic lights are now operating - or did I miss these too as I sailed through the red lights?
Are you that 'brainless, testosterone-filled-maniac' who is speeding through red lights in a town that you spoke of in the other thread then?......

*tongue firmly in cheek* Tongue
Sponsored Links

swej View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 8:19am
Angry Can some one either explain to me, if I have it wrong, or explain to others, if I have it right, that the new yellow/orange hatched area outside Boots/Station Road means "Do not enter this box unless your exit is clear".

If, like me for the last two days, you are sitting at the lights in Station Road waiting to turn right, and the lights turn green, then you wait for 2 minutes because some idiot is blocking you in the hatched area, then the lights turn red ... and so on.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr - Common Sense, please.
Wasp View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 8:38am
Originally posted by swej swej wrote:

Angry Can some one either explain to me, if I have it wrong, or explain to others, if I have it right, that the new yellow/orange hatched area outside Boots/Station Road means "Do not enter this box unless your exit is clear".

If, like me for the last two days, you are sitting at the lights in Station Road waiting to turn right, and the lights turn green, then you wait for 2 minutes because some idiot is blocking you in the hatched area, then the lights turn red ... and so on.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr - Common Sense, please.

Worry ye not. In these austere times I am sure the council will have a man up a pole like a camera wielding ferret up a drain pipe. The resulting fines can be used to fund some decent decorations in GX so it can look more like Chalfont.

Wasp.

"Witty signatures are the sign of a insalubrious intellect"
Calvados Kid View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvados Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 9:24am
Have you noticed the sign when crossing the bridge coming from Sluff which says  "CHALFONTS STATION"

LOL Evil%20Smile Exclamation
verba volant scripta manent
timo_w2s View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timo_w2s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Calvados Kid Calvados Kid wrote:

Have you noticed the sign when crossing the bridge coming from Sluff which says  "CHALFONTS STATION"

Yeah I noticed that too, weird.

Edited by timo_w2s - 30 November 2010 at 9:30am
Who is General Failure and why's he reading my hard disk?
Henry View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 9:34am

blocking a junction and the parking on the double yellows and bus stops both sides of the road outside Costa.

Keep the green belt green
Henry View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Calvados Kid Calvados Kid wrote:

LOL Evil%20Smile Exclamation
Is that the temporary sign which is

CHALFONTS
STATION

ie meaning for "The Chalfonts" and "GX Station" use the left hand land.

leaving the right hand lane for exclusive use of Tesco.
Keep the green belt green
timo_w2s View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timo_w2s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Henry Henry wrote:

Is that the temporary sign which is

CHALFONTS

STATION

ie meaning for "The Chalfonts" and "GX Station" use the left hand land.

Aaaah, then it would have been clearer have:
THE CHALFONTS
GX STATION

(or punctuation )
Who is General Failure and why's he reading my hard disk?
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 10:06am
sailed straight through GX on monday and tuesday - so far so good - i think the lights improve MY  journey through GX !

Edited by big baggles - 30 November 2010 at 10:06am
need a stella and i need one now !
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 11:13am
good, no bull lane, pot hole city.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>