FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outsiders Aren't Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Henry View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2010 at 7:45am
The NSE has built houses and accomodation for its staff within its attractive grounds.
Keep the green belt green
Sponsored Links

Gemx View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2010 at 11:11pm
Affordable housing could also bring valuable skills to your village, The NSE is a large employer of very skilled proffessionals, hardly any of which live in Chalfont St. Peter because there is no affordable housing.  Sadly this means that a vital on call system costs the charity a lot of money each year by having to accomodate staff.  I doubt they have "nightmare families with feral kids" 
I agree with the artical, local connection is key, it would be nice to think that my son (6) could stay and raise his family in the village without having to win the lottery! 
I don't think that we should tar everyone with the same brush though.
x
Great debate topic by the way! very contraversial!

oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2010 at 12:08pm
if your talking about taking nightmare families with their feral kids causing problems then i say good!!!!
Pants 2 Tight View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pants 2 Tight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2010 at 8:39am
I just saw this article on the Daily Telegraph website and thought it would be fun to apply the same principle for social/affordable housing developments in CSP.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/7909620/Outsiders-arent-welcome-say-villagers.html

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12