Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Holy Cross Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plans to increase housing in CSP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 37>
Author
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Flyboy Flyboy wrote:

Originally posted by Dave-R Dave-R wrote:

Of course they dont and ill bet the offical figures are far lower than the reak number.

By how many?

Sponsored Links

Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 1:05pm
Name them!

Actually that estimation is near to the Governments figure of illegals. Of course, no one knows the true figure.
timo_w2s View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timo_w2s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

In London the figure is reported to be 55% of babies born to a foreign mother.

Eek, I was born in London to a foreign mother!
Who is General Failure and why's he reading my hard disk?
Flyboy View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 5:06pm

I never said they ALL came from those three countries. The fact is the one in four babies in the UK is born to a foreign born mother. In London the figure is reported to be 55% of babies born to a foreign mother.

The point is, that there is an unnatural increase in the population caused by immigration which is why we need to build millions of houses in the south east.

If we do not wake up to the fact that building more houses isn't the solution, then we face real problems ahead.

You used these figures as a basis for your scaremongering demgraphical calculation, that there would be another two hundred and forty-seven thousand babies, born from just Polish, Indian and Pakistani women every year.

You wrote:

That's an extra 197,750 school places needed each year. Then if say 50% are girls and have babies, that's another 247,000 every year once they reach adulthood, from each years figures.  That's just from Pakistan, Poland and India.

Your assumtions are based on the fact that fertilty rates will stay the same. You also assume mortality rates will stay the same, but you have no idea what these will be, or for that matter, how to apply them.
Flyboy View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Pants 2 Tight Pants 2 Tight wrote:

"Most commonly," refers to a "mode" of data. The highest proportion of births from women, who were not born in the UK, were of these nationalities, it does not say that they were ALL born from these women.
I never said "ALL". I said that Malc was "roughly" right and I kept in the "most commonly" disclaimer.

But he wasn't even close to "roughly" right. He inflated the figures by a factor of more than four times.
Flyboy View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Pants 2 Tight Pants 2 Tight wrote:

"Most commonly," refers to a "mode" of data. The highest proportion of births from women, who were not born in the UK, were of these nationalities, it does not say that they were ALL born from these women.

The actual number is forty seven thousand three hundred and eighty births, from women born in Poland, Pakistan and India.
Thanks, I know what a mode of data is and I know very well that it's always good for a sensationalist headline. I don't understand where 47,380 comes from. Have you got a link/source to verify that?

In fact, don't bother, I'm not really interested in where the kid's mothers were born, just that we don't need to continue over-populating the world and draining more resources and then trying to build crappy shacks to house them all.

Here, look on "Table 2"

Flyboy View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 5:16pm

Of course they dont and ill bet the offical figures are far lower than the reak number.

By how many?

Really? Where did you dream that number up from?
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 7:20pm

Its what Prince Philip told me when we had our weekly game of golf yesterday.

Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 10:16pm

Great link, I was looking on the stats site but didn't have time to find it.

So, the figures show that foriegn mothers bore 60% of babies in inner London and up to 75% of babies in some parts of London.

I guess the only saving grace is those 75% of babies now become British born so when they have their own offspring, the stats will show that British born mothers are back in the majority.

Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 10:49pm
Carrying on using those statistics, from 2001 - 2008 roughly an extra 10,000 babies per year (every year) were born to foreign mothers to the 2008 figure of 174,000.

If this trend were to continue, the number of babies born to foreign mothers would be 240,000+ by 2015.

So my figure of 247,000 each year by 2024 seems wildly underestimated.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 37>