Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Holy Cross Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plans to increase housing in CSP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 37>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

It's all in the original link

So....where does it say that the women form Poland, India and Pakistan have had one hundred and ninety-seven thousand seven hundred and fifty babies?

Also bear in mind that net migration actually fell by forty-four per cent last year. Four hundred thousand British citizens emigrated to other countries and presumably will also have babies there as well. Presuming half of those would have been women; two hundred thousand women having babies.............

Sponsored Links

Pants 2 Tight View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pants 2 Tight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 7:55am
Originally posted by Flyboy Flyboy wrote:

So....where does it say that the women form Poland, India and Pakistan have had one hundred and ninety-seven thousand seven hundred and fifty babies?
From the Guardian website reporting the population growth figures from the Office of National Statistics...

'There were 791,000 babies born in the UK last year' (2008)

'nearly a quarter of babies in England and Wales in 2008 were born to mothers who came from outside the UK, most commonly women from Pakistan, Poland and India.'

So, according to the O.N.S. 'nearly' a quarter of the 791,000 babies born came from 'most commonly women from Pakistan, Poland and India'. So Malc's roughly correct on that point.

See article here..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/aug/27/population-growth-uk-birth-rate-immigration

Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pants 2 Tight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 8:08am

Also bear in mind that net migration actually fell by forty-four per cent last year.
Yes, net migration (from Europe only) fell by 44% but that's still an intake of 118,000 people overall.

In June I put on 2 stone of extra weight. In July I only put on 1 stone. That's a 50% fall in net weight gain. So am l losing weight?

No, I'm a fat git and Britain is over populated.

(sorry, I should have mentioned that all those figures are in the same article that I linked to in my previous post)

Edited by Pants 2 Tight - 29 August 2009 at 10:06am
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 4:37pm
Do these "official" figures take in to account the thousand's off illegal immigrant's we are blessed with every year courtesy of Calais?
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 6:16pm
Of course they dont and ill bet the offical figures are far lower than the reak number.
Flyboy View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Pants 2 Tight Pants 2 Tight wrote:

From the Guardian website reporting the population growth figures from the Office of National Statistics...

'There were 791,000 babies born in the UK last year' (2008)

'nearly a quarter of babies in England and Wales in 2008 were born to mothers who came from outside the UK, most commonly women from Pakistan, Poland and India.'

So, according to the O.N.S. 'nearly' a quarter of the 791,000 babies born came from 'most commonly women from Pakistan, Poland and India'. So Malc's roughly correct on that point.

See article here..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/aug/27/population-growth-uk-birth-rate-immigration

"Most commonly," refers to a "mode" of data. The highest proportion of births from women, who were not born in the UK, were of these nationalities, it does not say that they were ALL born from these women.

The actual number is forty seven thousand three hundred and eighty births, from women born in Poland, Pakistan and India. Hardly the one hundred and ninety-seven thousand odd that Malc. was trying make us believe. That breaks down to less than six per cent of live births from these women.

Now...Mrs Flyboy's cousin's wife, is from France. She lives here with him and last year gave birth to a very beautiful little boy; I wonder how many of these one hundred and ninety-seven thousand seven hundred and forty-nine other babies had fathers who were born on the UK?

Flyboy View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Dave-R Dave-R wrote:

Of course they dont and ill bet the offical figures are far lower than the reak number.

By how many?
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pants 2 Tight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 7:27am

"Most commonly," refers to a "mode" of data. The highest proportion of births from women, who were not born in the UK, were of these nationalities, it does not say that they were ALL born from these women.

The actual number is forty seven thousand three hundred and eighty births, from women born in Poland, Pakistan and India.
Thanks, I know what a mode of data is and I know very well that it's always good for a sensationalist headline. I don't understand where 47,380 comes from. Have you got a link/source to verify that?

In fact, don't bother, I'm not really interested in where the kid's mothers were born, just that we don't need to continue over-populating the world and draining more resources and then trying to build crappy shacks to house them all.

Edited by Pants 2 Tight - 30 August 2009 at 9:40am
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pants 2 Tight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 7:35am

I never said "ALL". I said that Malc was "roughly" right and I kept in the "most commonly" disclaimer.
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 8:28am
I never said they ALL came from those three countries. The fact is the one in four babies in the UK is born to a foreign born mother. In London the figure is reported to be 55% of babies born to a foreign mother.

The point is, that there is an unnatural increase in the population caused by immigration which is why we need to build millions of houses in the south east.

If we do not wake up to the fact that building more houses isn't the solution, then we face real problems ahead.

Edited by Malc London - 30 August 2009 at 8:36am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 37>