Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tabla - Different Chef?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tabla - Different Chef?
    Posted: 13 February 2008 at 4:28pm

A few weeks back I had a really nice meal at the Tabla, the Lamb Madras was hot, the Garlic Chicken flavoursome, my only complaint would be the size of the portions but all in all we left happy.

Last week I decided to try the Lamb Madras again as a takeaway, and what I got was lamb stew. Very nice, but no heat, which is unusual in a madras.

Last night I tried the garlic chicken, again it was lacking "curry" and although it was ok, it wasn't a patch on the restaurant meal.

Has the Tripti chef changed jobs and now working at Tabla?  Has anyone else noticed that the dishes aren't as hot?

Edited by Malc London - 13 February 2008 at 4:29pm
Sponsored Links

Wolfie View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 6:42pm
We've noticed that Tabla is empty most nights.  On Saturday night Spice was full to bursting, and there wasn't a single soul in Tabla - that was at 9.15pm!   Also, Tabla have got a manky piece of cardboard over a sniper hole in their front window, the windows obviously haven't been cleaned in months, and the wood frame of the windows is totally rotten.  I really get the feeling it's quite an unloved place.

Power to the people

DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 8:46pm
I've been in the Tabla on a Friday at 7pm and it's been full and Spice has been empty, so make of that what you will.

I find eating in at a restaurant and taking out is always markedly different and I don't know why! Since there are usualy multiple different chefs in a restaurant of this type it's possible you got a different one each time!
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 12:42am
Originally posted by Wolfie Wolfie wrote:

Also, Tabla have got a manky piece of cardboard over a sniper hole in their front window, the windows obviously haven't been cleaned in months,

I did think the same and almost mentioned it. Why not get the glass replaced?

The wooden floor also worries me, needs to be relayed.

As for the food, I think I need to ask who is cooking. One thing I ask for in Indian restaurants is consistency. It's how I know which ones to avoid.

brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 3:24pm
I hope the Tabla's kitchen is cleaner than the windows & general visual appearance? I'm sorry but i don't believe so.....Give me "spice" any day.

Edited by brewski - 14 February 2008 at 3:26pm
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
TIGGA View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGGA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 12:34pm
exactly!

lets face it...tablas not that good!

DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 1:46pm
I went to Spice the othe rnight and was pleased that they have stopped putting bloody great handfuls of corriander on top of everything! Had a good meal with friends and the service was very good. Definately improved since my last visit and may well end up going back to sample some of the other dishes that caught my eye.
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by TIGGA TIGGA wrote:

exactly!

lets face it...tablas not that good!

Are you on some sort of retainer for Spice?! LOLWink
TIGGA View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGGA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 1:57pm
no........just showing support.

ive been eating in there chain restaurants for many years......and lets face it, the food is good.
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 1:30pm
Tried to get a table in Spice last night, fully booked.
So to my better judgment the misses sugested Tabla.

I wont bore you will all the details but this was quite honestly the worst curry i HAVE EVER HAD and the beer was overpriced & not chilledThumbs%20Down

NEVER EVER AGAIN.........Angry

Edited by brewski - 03 May 2008 at 1:31pm
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>