Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

any wrinkly rockers attend this meeting?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: any wrinkly rockers attend this meeting?
    Posted: 08 February 2007 at 12:41am

I bet Eddie was there... Izzi? does she have memories?

LOL
Perveyor of crap knob jokes since 2007.
Sponsored Links

pierre View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 12:46am

would that have been the american birds, or ronnie laine from west draytons birds?  Confused

Malc?  Thumbs%20Up
Perveyor of crap knob jokes since 2007.
jessama View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 12:09pm
The American group was The Byrds.

What year was this?  Obviously pre-1971....

Edited by jessama - 08 February 2007 at 12:11pm
Life is a balancing act
GOP
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 1:31pm
This would have been Ronnie Woods band, The Birds.

The Byrds did tour the UK in July 1965 but as pointed out were using a different spelling. The manager of the Birds tried to take legal action to stop them using the name, but failed.

Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 1:31pm
The Uxbridge concert was 19th June 1965
jessama View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 1:46pm
You must have looked that up Malc.  You couldn't possibly have been there or remembered it.  Hardly out of short pants...............
Life is a balancing act
GOP
jessama View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 2:06pm
Come to think of it that applies to Pierre too.

Unless you were a lot of precocious lads around the area in the '60s.Ermm
Life is a balancing act
GOP
Angie Pitts View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angie Pitts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 1:51am

I didn't go to that festival, don't know why though as I used to love Cliff Bennett and the Rebel Rousers (I still have my LP's from that time).  I also saw Spencer Davis, John Mayall and Long John Baldry live at separate times.  I still buy Marianne Faithfull records too (or should I say CD's).

Angie Pitts (nee Soars)
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 7:53am
How much did it cost? You can see The Who at glastonbury for £135 this year Shocked
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 8:43am
The poster says 7/6  & 10/6  But you woudn't under stand that.
7 shillings and 6 pennys ( around 37 1/2 pence ) & 10 shilling and 6 pennys ( 52 1/2 pence)
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>