Forum Home Forum Home > General > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Friendly Faces

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katysol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Friendly Faces
    Posted: 31 January 2007 at 12:28pm
Hello

I am new to the area.  I moved here in November 2006 and have settled in well.  I previously worked in Chalfont St Peter High Street for a couple of years but as is the case when you leave work friendships seem to die down for no particular reason apart frm the fact that we all lead busy lives or perhaps it is the weather and people tend to keep themselves to themselves.  I am looking to join a social club in the area so that I can make new friends and would welcome any advice.  I am in the 45-48 age range and haven't a clue where to start.

Regards

Katy
katy maskell-edwards
Sponsored Links

Anita View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 12:34pm

Welcome Katy as I said in the shop people in this forum are very friendly and will give you lots of ideas. Be a little careful of hissing sidWink if you know what I mean.

DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 1:08pm
He's about 3000 miles away, so I wouldn't worry too much!

Welcome to the forum! Smile
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
Jenny View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 1:39pm
Hi

The local Cricket / Hockey / Softball club has a good social side. They hold a social event every month. They are having a Wine Tasting Evening on 3rd March (I will be going).
(www.chalfontsports.org.uk)

Also there is a Quiz every Thursday in the White Hart. A few of us Forumites go.

You could also volunteer for a local organisation. I help out at the Brownies and I have meet people that way.

Edited by Jenny - 31 January 2007 at 1:41pm
No one really cares if you are miserable so you might was well be happy. (Cynthia Nelms)
Katysol View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katysol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 3:50pm

Dear Jenny

Many thanks for replying and your helpful advice.   I will take up your suggestions and perhaps try the quiz on Thursday.

Regards

Katy
katy maskell-edwards
Katysol View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katysol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 3:51pm
Dear Dan

Thank-you

Regards

Katy
katy maskell-edwards
Katysol View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katysol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 3:53pm
Dear Anita

Thank you for your earlier e'mail and for giving me details about the web site.  One lady has already suggested certain groups so I feel a lot happier.

Regards

Katy
katy maskell-edwards
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 4:16pm
We may be having a forum meet soon for the annual Dans

This is held in the White Hart near the time of the Oscars.

Jenny View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Katysol Katysol wrote:

Dear Jenny

Many thanks for replying and your helpful advice.   I will take up your suggestions and perhaps try the quiz on Thursday.

Regards

Katy

If you ask behind the bar they will point out Dan and I.
Although Dan normally asks the questions so should be quite easy to spot! Smile
No one really cares if you are miserable so you might was well be happy. (Cynthia Nelms)
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

We may be having a forum meet soon for the annual Dans

This is held in the White Hart near the time of the Oscars.

Altho its a much bigger event.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>