Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Random mundane facts you know!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2006 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Jenny Jenny wrote:

For those men who hate trying on clothes when out shopping:
Leave a pair of trousers done up and then wrap them around your head (at forehead level) if the material overlaps slightly then the trousers will fit you.

Presumably this only works for seeing whether they fit round the waist, not the length and only if you are "average" build - ie you don't have an enormous beer gut (unless you have a fat head to match!)
Sponsored Links

Jenny View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2006 at 1:04pm
As most men have the waist of their trousers sitting almost on their hips (i.e. below any beer gut) this works for all sized / shape men. You can tell if trousers will fit lengthwise by holding them to your leg!
No one really cares if you are miserable so you might was well be happy. (Cynthia Nelms)
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2006 at 1:21pm
I think I'd rather try them on.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2006 at 2:14pm
so what happens if you have thunder thighs ?- yeah they fit around the waist but they dont hoist up past your knees ?
need a stella and i need one now !
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2006 at 2:20pm

Originally posted by Jenny Jenny wrote:

For those men who hate trying on clothes when out shopping:
Leave a pair of trousers done up and then wrap them around your head (at forehead level) if the material overlaps slightly then the trousers will fit you.

i'm bored at work, as we are closed....... so i decided to check this one out,

i took a tape measure and measured the distance round my head at forehead level - result is 25 inches, - so add abit for the 'overlap' say 5 inches..... so are you telling me my waist is 30 inches ?

I wish ! 30 plus the VAT at 17.5 %  maybe !!!!!!!!!

Jenny View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2006 at 2:23pm
No! If you kept the trousers done up when putting it round your head then your calculation should be:

Circumference around head x 2 (as material is doubled up) = waist
No one really cares if you are miserable so you might was well be happy. (Cynthia Nelms)
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2006 at 2:56pm
A 50" waist baggles?
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2006 at 4:47pm

room in there for the wife  aswell at 50 inches..... not that big.......

more like 44 to 46 depending on the cut.....

Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2006 at 4:49pm
action mans thumbs are anatomically incorrect, check the positions of the thumb nail on both hands ( only true action men have this feature to make counterfeits easy to spot !)
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2006 at 4:53pm
the majority of lemon scented washing up liquids are actually fragranced using orange oils not lemon !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>