FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedChalfont Yobs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chalfont Yobs
    Posted: 18 February 2005 at 10:15am
So, last night, on my way home after a swift snackette at the Tabla, I was passing Forbuoys when I noticed some yob wandering after a man and shouting at him on the path outside the church. As the man walked on, the youth became more belligerent and about ten of his 'mates' poured out from the graveyard and hounded this poor man up the street to the bus stop outside Threshers. At this point, the most foul mouthed little yob I have ever had the displeasure to hear, started shoving the man quite violently saying thing like 'yeah, do you wanna hit me?'. An Australian lad who I don't know and appeared out of nowhere was standing next to me by the postbox in the precinct as this happened and we took it upon ourselves to do our good deed for the day and rushed to intervene. We then become a target for abuse from the ten assembled yobs as we try to get the man on his way home without molestation. Whilst we are trying to do this - and being told that the man 'pulled a knife on me, yeah', which is a lie as I saw the whole incident - we were now subjected to vile abuse, the Australian lad was shoved by the little, baseball cap wearing yob, I was informed that 'I'm gonna burn your house down' and 'you'd better not come back here no more, man'. Truly, I did not know we lived in central LA, where youngsters sway and posture like 'gangsta rappers'. Anyway, eventually, after laughing off their childish threats and invitations ('do you wanna punch me, man?' - 'no I'd snap you in half'), and after they had all gone away, doubtless to take some more of whatever they were on, the Australian lad left without me being able to thank him or even get his name - so if you know an Australian with a partial goatee beard in Chalfont then tell him thanks from me!

Edited by DanW
Sponsored Links

Paul_G View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 11:02am

Wow.

That's shocking.  That's the sort of stuff I moved to CSP to avoid. Any ideas who they are or where they're from?

Paul

BigDave View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 11:04am

I don't know.   Any sign of a fight and you're there!

Shocking really, you should know better

Things have certainly changed, even the "Brat Pack" were never this bad.

DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 11:06am

I am told that the ringleader, the small chap in the baseball cap, is being evicted, along with the rest of his family at the moment. Most of them seemed to be in the 12/13/14 age bracket, but I can't say I instantly recognised any of them. Although I would recognise them again now, obviously. Oh, they also used their mobile phones to take photos of me and the Aussie for some reason.

DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 11:07am
Originally posted by BigDave BigDave wrote:

I don't know.   Any sign of a fight and you're there!

Shocking really, you should know better

Things have certainly changed, even the "Brat Pack" were never this bad.

As they say - 'No good deed goes unpunished!'

The brat pack were just brats, not yobs who go around looking for a fight and haranguing innocent passers by.

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 11:23am

should have given  me a call dan, and pierre, we would have sorted it !!!

no but you are right, why is it the KIDS want to be tough nut ganters living in the big smoke doing cool tings and just chillin-

bloody pathetic all of em !

need a stella and i need one now !
DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 11:29am

It is one of the things that worries me - why do you, a middle class white teenager, want to pretend to be a black gangsta rapper, talking about "ho's, beyatches, coke, guns and killin'"?

Also, you never know nowadays, when you find yourself in this sort of situation, if one or more of them is going to be carrying a weapon of some kind. 'Back in the day' anyone who was 'tooled up' was obviously some sort of loon who should be avoided at all costs and had no friends at all and usually ended up with a brief stay at Her Majesty's!

Emsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 11:32am

Saw the little chavs coming of the graveyard standing as I drove down that way, a few minutes after we left Dan..no sign of a ruck then though..

A few years ago I used to walk around Chalfont a lot, late at night, home from the pub etc. Bar the odd small group sat on the bench outside HSBC, I never had any hassle or felt unsafe. It would make me a bit nervous now though, in light of the above. Not sure if or what they would do to a young female, but I don't like thinking about it

Henry View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 11:59am

Thanks Dan and the other gentleman for doing what had to be done. Glad for your sakes it did not turn any uglier.

What sort of time did this happen? I drove down through the village at about 21:55 did not see a sole except 4 lads (at least two wearing baseball caps) sitting on the bench on the green outside the Waggon and Horses. But they were just sitting there, did not appear to be doing anything.

Keep the green belt green
DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 12:03pm
This was about 23:40 Henry. The lads in question seem to hang round in the alleyway by the kebab van or in the church car park or even the church gardens.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>