Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedChalfont Yobs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 12:17pm

They should be rounded up and put into care and their parent evicted.

This is exactly the sort of yobs the NSE are trying to bring into the village.

Sponsored Links

DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 12:25pm

I don't think the NSE have an actual policy of bringing yobs to the village!

I think you mean that as a byproduct of their scheme that general yobbery will increase!

Rachael View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 12:32pm

Well Done Dan, I was right behind you, these yobs need a good thrashing, when i went to the kebab van at approx 10.30pm they were all in the alley next to the kebab van smoking pot and giving the kebab van hassle. Where are the police when you need them?

One day somebody is going to retailiate against these kids and will end up doing time for it, these kids need stopping, before somebody ends up getting hurt, they are also stealing from Threashers, cases of Stella.

They are constantley scaring the old folk who live in Gordons Way by revving there motorbikes up and driving over the lawns late at night.

RBWH
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 12:38pm

Police are too busy stopping motorists doing 35 mph on an empty road.

Perhaps the Advertiser can mount a campaign and take some photos of these yobs. 

DanDan View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 12:46pm
Dan did you call the Police?
DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 1:22pm

I didn't actually. Mainly because I didn't think they'd get there in time to do anything useful except delay me getting home and secondly because even if they did get there in time I have no faith that they would be able to do anything effective to prevent a recurrence of the problem.

These kids are not afraid of the police and know the law can't touch them, and even if they do get nicked, they will be back on the streets inside an hour with a caution (again). Police are being told (and I have policemen friends) that a caution is a more effective use of time rather than any formal charge, which takes many hours to fill in the paperwork, and that the situation is 'deemed to have been addressed' because the youth has been removed from the area for a short time.

Often we are promised better policing (hint: 9am-5pm isn't peak time for these sorts of things to happen mr plod), or Community Service Officers ('a waste of time' according to the police) - but the maion issue still remains: There are kids on the streets at night who are out of control and know that the law cannot touch them.

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 1:35pm
i think the bucks ad could hi light this problem and ask for readers to tell of their experiences... if someone could get pictures of these herberts all the better- get em in the papers- humiliate the yobs....
need a stella and i need one now !
Emsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 1:39pm

I heard that the Tithe Barn is being refurbished in order to provide a hang out for the local yob element. One assumes that it will just get trashed fairly swiftly.

Henry View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 1:46pm

Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

i think the bucks ad could hi light this problem and ask for readers to tell of their experiences... if someone could get pictures of these herberts all the better- get em in the papers- humiliate the yobs....

I dont think they would see it as humiliation, it may be seen to raise their srteed cred!!

The parents of all minors are reponsible for them until the reach the age of ??? The parents of these yobs need to be made to sholder the responsibility.

Keep the green belt green
DanDan View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 1:57pm
Still I think that you should of called the police Dan, after all the next person who gets picked on might not be so lucky to have yourself and your mate around.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>