FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed~*&^% Electricicty board

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Villager
Villager

Direct Link To This Post Topic: ~*&^% Electricicty board
    Posted: 08 April 2006 at 11:53am

Just opened the mail in the White Hart this morning and to my horror we have a bill from Powergen for £8,549.70.

Dumbfounded, shocked, has any other business in Chalfont St Peter had similar increases?
Our normal quarterly bill for winter is approximately £1,600.

I presume they are trying to get us to pay for the road works when the power cuts were on.

Grrrrrr

Sponsored Links

Steve View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2006 at 12:25pm

if that was me I would double check the readings in case they have made a so called computer error

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2006 at 3:37pm

tell em to justify the figure Garry-  our domestic eleccy bill from powergen was incorrect the last time our meter was read - this apparently due to the bloke who read the meter uploaded the incorrect information from his hand held machine- needless to say when we questioned it it took them 3 weeks to respond and correct thier mistake- however we had  not yet paid for the gas we had used which we also get from them - so 2 red bills later but i said i was not going to settle an incorrect account... when they got the bills and readings correct only then would i pay.....

this speeded them up somewhat !

will change my supplier for energy shortly, u switch is a good comparison website !

need a stella and i need one now !
pierre View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2006 at 3:49pm

We are with them too! but not for much longer. As soon as we have paid them off we are looking elsewhere.

Is it cheaper to have gas and electric from the same company or seperate ones?

Edited by pierre
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2006 at 5:07pm
stick your details into the u switch website.... it will recommend suppliers best suited to your energy usage...... we will move as soon as our 'time agreement' ends - we signed up to a deal where prices were fixed on an introductory price, at the end of the introduction prices reverted to normal, as soon as this happened powergen stuck all their prices up by loads -so we are moving asap- but there is a minimum period you have to sign up to- so as soon as thats over thats it, we are off !
need a stella and i need one now !
Steve View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2006 at 5:16pm
cheapest way to get gas and electric is to get a wind generator and a tin of baked beans
moggies View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2006 at 10:17pm
Or just make things even simpler and hire Mr Moggies....
Still don't know what I want to do when I grow up...
Garry View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2006 at 3:12pm

For those who don't know business rates for electricity are different to domestic, i.e we have 3 bands, weekend, night and day rates.

Called Powergen this morning regarding the White Hart electricity bill of £8,500, and this is the response from Powergen.

After giving them our account details, the lady replied this does not look right on my computer screen, have you taken any meter readings yourself, I replied that I had on Saturday morning to check against the bill.
At first my readings and the bill appeared to be correct, what I had not realised was that the 3 band readings read by the Powergen inspector on March 14 had been entered in the wrong bands i.e. weekend was day, day was night, night was weekend.
The young lady altered the bill on her computer and informed me that we would receive a revised bill of £645.

She apologised and said to ignore the current bill, and promised us a new bill within the next 10 days.

So be warned, if you have had your meter read by an authorised inspector, double check yourself, and if you are a business make sure the correct readings are in the correct category.

I wait in anticipation of the promised revised bill, but needless to say I am a lot happier today then I was on Saturday morning when I opened the £8.500 bill. 
I will save my applause for Powergen when I am in receipt of the new bill.

Garry

moggies View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2006 at 10:25pm

Well done, Garry!

Still don't know what I want to do when I grow up...
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2006 at 11:03pm

do us lowly domestic customers have different numbers for different times of the day?

I thought we only had one meter number, although the gas bill has different rates but i assumed these were due to the erratic price of gas. We got our gas bill from BG for the last quarter it was £143 !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>