Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tales Of Chalfont

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
Author
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2013 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by oldchris oldchris wrote:

Originally posted by CASE CASE wrote:

i'm ex gravel hill..1975....1982
So was i ,75-82.

So you're not that old then
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Sponsored Links

oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2013 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by hissing sid hissing sid wrote:

Originally posted by oldchris oldchris wrote:

Originally posted by CASE CASE wrote:

i'm ex gravel hill..1975....1982
So was i ,75-82.

So you're not that old then
i feel it todayDead
stop HS2.
DogChops View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DogChops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2014 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Bucks Fizz Bucks Fizz wrote:

... you might want to have a look at the 2 volumes of 'Famous and Infamous Residents of Chalfont St Peter' by local author DJ Kelly....

These books are on sale in the Chiltern Open Air Museum shop, although it's closed for the winter at the moment - reopens 29th March.
dot poleykett View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dot poleykett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2014 at 7:43pm
Anyone remember Eliots electrical shop we used to go there to have our batteries charged pre electricitry and does anyone remember a shop we all knew as the bomb shop?
Was the dress shop at the top of the market place called Bluebells?
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2014 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by dot poleykett dot poleykett wrote:

Anyone remember Eliots electrical shop we used to go there to have our batteries charged pre electricitry and does anyone remember a shop we all knew as the bomb shop?
Was the dress shop at the top of the market place called Bluebells?

Also used to take the " Accumulator's" across the road to Davis's, to be chargerd.

The " Bomb shop" was the second or third shop down from the top after "Lanes" the butcher.
Do you know, Why? It was called the "bomb Shop"

I believe "Bluebells" was between the "Bombshop" and "Hearns " the bike shop.
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2014 at 8:00am
I'm told The Bomb Shop was run by one Harry Flowers who moved here from London where his business had been bombed out - hence the name of the new shop.
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2014 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Bucks Fizz Bucks Fizz wrote:

I'm told The Bomb Shop was run by one Harry Flowers who moved here from London where his business had been bombed out - hence the name of the new shop.

Hissing Sid

Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2014 at 6:49pm
Was Lippiatts where the "Bomb Shop" used to be? Anyone remember the Milk Bar just up from the corner of Market Place & The Vale?
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2014 at 8:12pm
Yes, I think it was. The milk bar? Also yes. If I remember, co-op was on the corner then about 2 or 3 up from there.
Hissing Sid

Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2014 at 8:35pm
How about the tradesmen and merchants in the village:-
Franklin coal ??
Clark's coal
Randells building materal
Heath log and Christmas trees
Welches diary
Bubbles Heath, chimney sweep & Grave digger
Busby the undertaker
Ryder's the undertaker
Husseys builder merchants
Ray Holt the sign writer
Bestway removals
Pocock, Ryder to name two of many plumbers
Redge Woods roofer

Hissing Sid

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>