Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tales Of Chalfont

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
Author
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2006 at 12:01am
oh, explains the tounge on your avatar
Sponsored Links

moggies View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moggies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2006 at 10:26pm

???????????????????

And just what does a tongue have to do with riding?

On second thoughts, don't answer that.

Still don't know what I want to do when I grow up...
Helen View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 1:30am
Im still thinking, and know I can not come up with a game plan let me know x x x
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 9:11pm
Hows your book going dan?
xpat View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xpat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2006 at 8:33am

Another famous  person that lived in Chalfont  was John Laurie from Dads Army I  would  often see him wandering around the village,  Flora Robson  the old actress  also lived there,  Andy Gibb also met with some of the local kids on Gold hill common ,the Bee Gees parents lived in GX at that time

tobic View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2006 at 10:20am
I used to go into the British Legion with my dad sometimes and John Laurie was there occasionally, some of the tales and jokes he used to tell kept us in stitches. He was'nt a bad snooker player either.

Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion.
Grovesy View Drop Down
NAG Moderator
NAG Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 3:09pm

one of the Gallaghers lives (or lived) along Nightingales Lane. 

When I went to school in Little Chalfont, Ted Rogers (of 3-2-1 & Dusty Bin fame) used to get his morning paper from Martins the newsagents.

phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 8:02am
Noel Gallagher lives at The Shieling on Nightingales Lane. A couple of years ago he applied for planning permission to turn part of his land into a floodflit football pitch, but surprisingly this was turned down.
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by xpat xpat wrote:

Andy Gibb also met with some of the local kids on Gold hill common ,the Bee Gees parents lived in GX at that time

The Bee Gees family lived in Manor Road, off Windsor Road, GX.

The Welsh tenor, Ivor Emmanuel lived along the Lower Road, now retired to Portugal I believe.

xpat View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xpat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 6:57am

When Lulu married one of the Bee Gees  at the church in GX I think the whole Of  Chalfont turned out, there were hundreds of people there,

I remember Ivor Emmanuel living there,   saw him once, in the  off licence at the George Inn with his wife

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>