Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tales Of Chalfont

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2014 at 4:47pm
Was one called Susan Cole?
Sponsored Links

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2014 at 4:52pm
Maybe at a house called "Mostyn"

Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2014 at 10:54pm
Heath's Stores, corner of Nicol Road & Lovel Road - I remember the son, John Heath, he went to school in High Wycombe as I did. He was a year below me, and if I remember he had a younger brother whose name I cannot recall.
Just up Nicol Road, past Heath's Stores, on the right-hand side, was a small engineering workshop long since demolished and turned into housing. It employed half-a-dozen people in its time, George House from Hillside Close, once worked there.

Anyone remember someone called Michael Ferguson who lived along the service road where Tesco's is and where John's Cafe used to be?

Didn't the people who ran John's Cafe have a shop opposite Baileys in The Phygtle, Chalfont Common before they opened the cafe?

Clarke the coal merchant had his yard next to the alley way in Field Way, going down to the Playing Fields, where he kept his coal and lorry. The yard was eventually sold and a house was built on it. On the other side of the alley way was an older house which I believe belonged to (Tommy?) Bowler who was a useful winger who played for Chalfont St Peter FC in the days when big Jack Stone was in goal.
Mr Clarke had a very attractive daughter called Josephine if I recall!
dot poleykett View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dot poleykett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2014 at 11:35pm
Are you have the name correct Michael Farquason or something similar rings a bell. But this would be in the sixties hope my mind isn't playing tricks.
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2014 at 12:52am
Only one shop opposite bails and that was rods AND guns.
stop HS2.
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2014 at 9:03am
Originally posted by dot poleykett dot poleykett wrote:

Are you have the name correct Michael Farquason or something similar rings a bell. But this would be in the sixties hope my mind isn't playing tricks.

You're right Dot, it wasn't Ferguson but more like Farquason. As I recall he lived with his mother, a nice woman. I don't really know why I remember him as I didn't actually know him.
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2014 at 9:11am
Originally posted by oldchris oldchris wrote:

Only one shop opposite bails and that was rods AND guns.

I'm talking about the 1950's, it was a sweet shop cum haberdashery sort of shop. I can't remember the surname but if someone mentions it it'll ring a bell with me. I remember the lady there made square ice lollies out of blackcurrant Ribena and once you had a few sucks you were left with a block of ice! It was where my mother bought me chocolate at the end of sweet rationing in 1953.

Anyone recall a guy called Pete St Ledger? Brian Mead? Gordon Entwistle?
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2014 at 9:49am
Originally posted by hissing sid hissing sid wrote:

Maybe at a house called "Mostyn"

thanks sid, - you confirmed something i was told some years back !-
need a stella and i need one now !
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2014 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Rich Kid Rich Kid wrote:

[QUOTE=

Anyone recall a guy called Pete St Ledger? Brian Mead? Gordon Entwistle?

I've heard the names, but i don't remember the faces. 
Brian Mead, was he the brother to Billy?

Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

girl@austenwood View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girl@austenwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2014 at 4:41pm
I as in the same class as Brian Mead. I also remember seeing he had posted on the Friends Reunited site Old Jobs around year 1957-60 inclusive.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>