Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDoes this make sense to anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 11:16pm

Originally posted by Sarah Booker Sarah Booker wrote:

‘follow-me-home’ headlights,

This isn't possible...if you were to follow a car home by its headlights, it would have to be driving backwards, in front of you. Otherwise, if you followed it home normally, you wouldn't be able to see the headlights, would you?

Whats a silly phrase...and the new headlights are horrible. The previous style were great ( like spotlights..).

Still don't know what I want to do when I grow up...
Sponsored Links

ReTrO View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 11:18pm
I have a 1.9 JTD (85bhp) Eleganza version of the standard Punto 2003 5 door).  It goes very well, just back from North Wales in it today, managed 56.9mpg on the way back.

Personnally I'd keep the Punto while it is still in warranty (had fun with mine with problems).  If they have an options to extend the warranty to 3,4 or 5 years then do it, even for the admin fee.
Allez Wasps

Rick

Olim vespa, semper vespa

moggies View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 11:31pm
You can extend the warranty for a further 3 years ( but it costs....)
GHETTO View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

fiats eh, i used to own a few- their paintwork/ rush  issue is now vastly improved but fit and finish could still be better..... and electricals need watching !

our staff member of the year award scheme/ prize is a brand new Fiat  panda 'active'- not bad as a staff prize !!!!

the multiplas we have are all dropping to bits...... not good for a car less than 5 months old....

there must be good ones out there !- i know moggies likes hers......

The new Fiat Punto is miles better then the old one! Very good value for money!! They have been selling like hot cakes!! Just wait a year or so till the Punto Abath is launched!! That will give the golf GTI a run for its money!!!

KATE View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 9:33pm

you would say that ghetto you work for fiat, but do you actually drive one hmmmmm?

i am happy!! Pierre is just intoxicated
moggies View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 9:49pm
What sort of model will the Abath be, Ghetto, when is it due out and will you be offering a discount for promoting your cars???
ReTrO View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 9:52pm
I don't suppose anyone has a Mazda RX8 to take a spin in do they?

I wouldn't mind one in a couple years time, should be able to afford one by then, about £14k for a nice 2nd hand one now, and the insurance is a tad high, around £2.1k!
Allez Wasps

Rick

Olim vespa, semper vespa

GHETTO View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by KATE KATE wrote:

you would say that ghetto you work for fiat, but do you actually drive one hmmmmm?

Actually I'm driving a punto 1.4 8v Dyanmic!

Dunno exactly when the Abath is going to be launched. In about a year or so from what i understand.

They plan to bring out a few other models before that. A 1.4 16v Supercharged Punto GT or sumthing.

Edited by GHETTO
moggies View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 11:24pm
 Excellent!
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 10:45am

well i had 3 fiats, and  my mum had one, my brother had 5 -  and sad to say never again, the poor dealer support finished it for me personally.......my brother has now bought cars other than fiat and he wont be going back either !

the first  fiat car i had was a brand new tipo, good for the first 3 years, i even bought it from our  then 'local dealer'  Burwoods in tatling end !!!!- it closed down, its now bulstrode garage car sales....after 3 yrs everything electrical started to fail,  central locking would open all by itself in the middle of the night,the alarm would go off for no reason the headlights got so hot on a journey down from visiting family in the lake district ( 6 hours constant drive) that the plastic plugs on the rear of the lights melted causing electrical problems, leaving me stranded at night with no headlights -the rear wiper stopped working, the electric windows would often go down and not go back up.....

it was a great performer a 2 LTR HGT model good to drive and very nippy, but the build let it down, you never knew what would fall off next, and depreciation was horrific.......the only half decent trade in price i could get was against another fiat................

i then had 2 puntos, both were half decent but i learned my lesson and sold them when they turned 3 yrs old,i bought simpler models with less electrical bits to go wrong ! - still had daft little faults with them that required expensive parts and fixes, but the dealers were dreadful,  and service not good......fiat got a letter or two from me regarding this too !- i also participated in the JD power surveys too telling them what i thought.....

i once waited 8 days for a wing mirror glass from hallewell in amersham having ordered it and paying up front - as i was told there were none in the country ! 

plus  every dealer i used closed down, when i lived near bracknell i used marn in camberley- it closed down, then i used cleveland cars in ash near basingstoke, now closed down, then there was  andrews fiat in windsor- now closed down, i then moved to bourne end and used thames fiat in high wycombe, they then closed it down and  moved to slough !- when i first moved to CSP i used to send my fiat to hallewell for service in amersham..... and then i decided...NO MORE FIATS,

and i get a 33% discount on a new one - but i very much doubt i will ever use it !

even the alfas on our company pool car fleet dont seem to fair alot better......

in my personal opinion the build quality of later fords and renault beat the italian marques hands down, and this is now backed up with my brother and mother who now both own renaults !

my view is fiat are coming out with some nicely designed cars, with great engines but poor trim fit and finish let the package down along with dealers who are slow in getting bits with which to fix the cars !

Edited by big baggles
need a stella and i need one now !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>