Forum Home Forum Home > General > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTa daaaaaa!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Newcomer
Newcomer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ta daaaaaa!
    Posted: 22 September 2005 at 10:45am

Good morning, hello, greetings ladies and gentlemen!

How are you all? Well I trust??

I am not a Chalfont resident, I am in fact from a far posher place a bit further up the road called Slough. You may know it, you share our postcode.

So I have heard a lot about this forum before so I though I would come along and say hi, maybes take part in the odd thread? I only like odd threads you see.

Some of you may know me already, those of you who dont, well, pleased to meet you!

Have a good day!

Fronty.

A versatile kitchen tool for slicing, dicing, chipping, chopping and shredding fruit and vegetables.
Get the amazing V-Slicer!
Sponsored Links

Catweazle View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 11:11am

I've followed Frontman here from the Slough forum.

It always amazes me that Slough is seen as a joke when there's a town just up the road which is rhyming slang for haemerroids, but such is life and I'm sure that (despite what Carlos Big Calves tells us) there will be much to entertain and educate us on your board.

DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 11:13am

Welcome. Though I'd suggest that you ignore anything Carlos has said about us on www.thisisslough.com!

I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
Henry View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 11:15am
Being from Slough is not a big deal, nout wrong with that, but dont mention "that name" round here please!
Keep the green belt green
DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 11:15am
Have seen the posts about CSP on the Slough forum from Carlos - he's done similar things before on different forums. BTW Frontman, I see you're trying to get banned by your posts on the Slough forum - please don't, it just wastes everybody's time.
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
Hedge Hugger View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 11:17am

Helllooooooo I'm from Slough too!

Dan can you explain why we shouldn't listen to Carlos? I mean he has been irritating the hell out of me on the Slough Forum by constantly posting new threads about one type of food or another but he's not that bad is he?

DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 11:22am

Because he's a troll basically. There are far too many things to list here and I've written about them in the past.

Hedge Hugger View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 11:25am

OK. I wil have a mooch about and look.

Dunno what a 'troll' is though. Is it a web-phrase or just a normal insult?

Henry View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 11:30am
You will not have to look ant further than the link on the recipes thread!!  He is one sick person
Keep the green belt green
DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 11:32am
A 'troll' is deliberately crafted to provoke others with the intention of wasting their time and energy. A troll is a time thief. To troll is to steal from people. That is what makes trolling heinous.

Trolls can be identified by their disengagement from a conversation or argument. They do not believe what they say, but merely say it for effect.

Trolls are motivated by a desire for attention by people and can't or won't acquire it in a productive manner.

Someone may be insufferable, infuriating, fanatical, and an ignorant idiot to boot without being a troll.

Also note that a troll isn't necessarily insulting, snide, or even impolite. Only the crudest, most obvious, forms of trolling can be identified so easily.

If you find yourself patiently explaining, at length and in great detail, some obscure point to someone who isn't even being polite to you, then you are probably being trolled.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>