Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Family History

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sal. G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Family History
    Posted: 20 October 2021 at 12:56pm
Good afternoon,I am trying to find some information about my grandparents time at Nortoft Road, Chalfont St Peter. My grandparents, Albert James Lane and Orna Ottilie nee Stenzel and their son Harold lived there at the time of the 1939 register. Albert's brother, Wilfred Arthur Lane and his wife, Grete Wilhelmine Stenzel also lived on the same road. There daughter Rosemary was born in 1944. I am interested in the unusual house names on that road during this time. Theirs were 'Remshagen' and 'Langel' - which have German links. Does anyone know if the original houses are still? I doubt anyone would have any memories of the family after all this time but maybe someone would be able to tell me where the children may have gone to school in later years.Many thanks
Sponsored Links

ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2021 at 3:53pm
Going by Google Street Maps, 'Remshagen' is still there by the look of it  No 43 according to Chiltern planning. (Assuming the house name hasn't been moved in the street at some time in the past.) 

I can't see a reference to 'Langel' in the planning applications though.

'Langel' is shown as the last house on the east side of the road with its next door neighbour being 'Sidor'. 'Sidor' is now No 46 (based on planning application for that plot) which leaves 'Langel' to be either 48, 50 or 52. Best guess I would think is No. 48

There also appears to be four 'Lane' households in Nortoft Road and my wife who lived in that part of CsP recognised the surname and said, "yes, there were loads of them" but that she didn't actually know any of them.

Edited by ArtB - 20 October 2021 at 5:30pm
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
Chris littler View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris littler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2023 at 7:30pm
Chalfont resident back in 65!
 We were on chesham lane. On corner next to big farm. Tennis courts in front. Anyone lived there please let's talk. I had a few close friends. 
Chris L.
 Post Reply Post Reply