Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

El Boncena

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áMarchá2010 at 8:45am
it was open when i drove past early saturday evening - but it did look empty.
JR was ere
Sponsored Links

DogChops View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DogChops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áMarchá2010 at 2:35pm
...they were leaflet dropping in Seer Green yesterday.
tesla View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tesla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMarchá2010 at 9:41am
If your thinking about going to El Boncena read this !!  Avoid it like the plague. Cramped, over-priced, no atmosphere, cheap refurb, fast-food feel to it, rushed, too salty (i'm still gulping bottles of water two days later !). The food was o.k.....just. Some of it was hot and some was cold. Very salty food & I do know the meaning of tapas/meze but when you get 3 x malteser sized meatballs for a fiver it makes you wonder is it all worth it ! The restaurant is so cramped there was a 2 inch gap between tables and you have to walk in a big circle to the front door almost to go to the toilets. The ceiling reminds me of sitting in an office, no effort to remove the false ceiling or even change the commercial light fittings that are unsightly. No where near the excellent refurb at Tripti. The waiter was inpatient and snappy, he was removing & cleaning your table whilst you are still eating from other plates. One last thing.....a bottle of corona at ú4.00 a pop really took the biscuit, club prices on drinks ? El Boncen it and no thanks !
bouncebackability......
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMarchá2010 at 1:28pm
Seems like the message in the above post has got around, every evening this place seems to appear more & more emptier.

Looks like they've missed a trick.

Shame, we will have to put up with 2 crap/overpriced curry houses and one average one (Spice).Unhappy

Great.Stern%20Smile

Edited by brewski - 10áMarchá2010 at 1:30pm
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
tesla View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tesla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMarchá2010 at 2:21pm
I think Tripti is o.k. What's the best indian around here ? what's the general opinion ?
bouncebackability......
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMarchá2010 at 2:35pm
Spice, in the village but Maliks and Barwarchi in GX are by far the best.Thumbs%20Up

Edited by brewski - 10áMarchá2010 at 2:36pm
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
Wolfie View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMarchá2010 at 5:46pm
Oh perlease, how many times have we had the 'what's the best curry house in CStP' topic on this forum.   Give it a rest.

Edited by Wolfie - 10áMarchá2010 at 5:46pm

Power to the people

tesla View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tesla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMarchá2010 at 6:00pm
o.k, o.k as you can see i'm a newcomer...so what's the best pub ?
bouncebackability......
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMarchá2010 at 6:03pm
Depends on what you like in a pub?
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
smartso View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMarchá2010 at 6:39pm
EL  BONCENA  WOW!!!  what a fabulous evening we had in this Restaurant last night.Food was great and so was the service and cost.
I eat out a lot ......more concerned by food than office ceilings.
I think tesla should go to Gordon Ramseys Maze unless she is connected to the indian Restaurants.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>