Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dumb Bell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piglet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dumb Bell
    Posted: 29 July 2018 at 9:30pm
Been meaning to ask for a while - is The Dumb Bell under new management or have the current owners just invested in sprucing it up? It looks so much better from the outside, don't know if they've refurbished inside too though.
Sponsored Links

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2018 at 3:32pm
It does certainly look different and I believe alot better.

What does need sorting though is the road just on the Dumbell corner, theres some large grooves all the way across and a large pothole on the inside corner.  When accelerating through and away from  the corner I usually prevent giving the bike a major portion but instead 'feather' the throttle to prevent the back end 'stepping out', 'highside' or even worse a 'tankslapper' of course;.

Edited by MV Owner - 30 July 2018 at 3:48pm
Piglet View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piglet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2018 at 3:47pm
Yes I agree, that section of road is terrible.  I've got so used to it now I know exactly where to position the car so I avoid most of the pot holes!  As usual with most of the roads around here, there's been lots of patching up which lasts no time at all and no long term solution to the problem.  
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2018 at 3:49pm
Dare I say it Piglet, if I owned the Dumbell, I would probably nip out there and patch it up myself!!
Piglet View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piglet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2018 at 4:47pm
Well yes, there is that option......!
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2018 at 4:52pm
Removal of beer inspired umbrellas is usually a good thing.  Having umbrella's with 'Fosters' on IMHO looks extremely chavy and sh*te.  I just wouldn't go in a pub that has those

Edited by MV Owner - 30 July 2018 at 4:58pm
Rod View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2018 at 6:14pm
Tankslapper?

Is someone offering those at the Dumb Bell? No idea what it is but it sounds right up my street (even if it is pot holed).
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2018 at 6:29pm
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2018 at 9:17am
If I was them I'd be on the phone to their council (bucks / herts border cuts straight through it) and demanding they fix it - sure they pay a huge wedge in business rates and get nothing back for it.

Was there last night watching the sun going down at the front, very picturesque with the added element risk of a car skidding into us from those holes and gravel.

Dumb Bell, Chalfont St Peter

Edited by watsy - 02 August 2018 at 9:18am
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2018 at 9:44am
It looks great but those Fosters umbrellas have just got to go goddammit!!

And why can't they get that ADT box level!

Edited by MV Owner - 02 August 2018 at 9:45am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>