Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Covid mask wearing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Covid mask wearing
    Posted: 21 October 2020 at 6:24pm
Hi all, Does it bother many of you out there about the non compliance of mask wearing?
I often shop in our excellent bakery 'Halls' and find a significant number of predominantly young males not wearing masks.
I'm just over sixty now and feel a little more vulnerable then when I was 21! I can't help feeling how older people must feel in this situation. I appreciate some people are unable to wear masks for medical reasons but it simply can't be the case that so many 20-30 year olds are unable to wear masks.
What is there to be done?
Sponsored Links

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2020 at 6:48pm
It bothers me immensely when people who have an obligation to wear a mask do not wear them.

There are people who have reasons not to wear one (and I believe this to be about 1 in 25 to 1 in 30 people) but I may have this wrong.

However, as per all walks of life there are people who believe that the law doesn't apply to them.
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2020 at 1:29pm
Yes it bothers me too, none of us really know what will help and what won't and it is an ever changing target but I think something simple like this that we can all do to protect each other is essential. Actually I would be tempted say to Halls that if they aren't prepared to enforce it you'll be going elsewhere.
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2020 at 11:25am
so I went into one of the corner shop stores in Chalfont earlier today.  Two out of three people I ran into weren't wearing masks.  Considering around 1:25 people dont need to wear masks this is disappointing
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2020 at 6:05pm
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2020 at 7:43pm
Yeah so I went into Tesco GX yesterday and pretty much everyone was wearing a mask and certainly taking social distancing seriously.

As you would expect not everyone thought the rules applied to them.  There was a couple in there, late to mid 20s that had their masks around their faces as they entered and then moved them down to their necks and not over their mouths or faces

Edited by MV Owner - 23 November 2020 at 7:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply