Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cost of air!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote born and bred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cost of air!
    Posted: 20 July 2013 at 6:47pm
How can the BP garage near Bull Lane justify 50p for the air ? It was free a few years ago and then they introduced a 20p charge. It is a charge on safety. The cost of the air I believe is still free. The initial cost for the equipment is small compared to the recent refurbishment.
local born and bred
Sponsored Links

timo_w2s View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timo_w2s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2013 at 12:08pm
It's getting hard to find free air anywhere these days. Where's the best place to go now?
Who is General Failure and why's he reading my hard disk?
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2013 at 5:55pm
Ebay..... Convert the free air to something useful for a car... Foot pump for under a fiver including postage. LOL ... I was also going to mention copious volumes of free hot air but decided against it.... Hug 
Art
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
Anita View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 9:26am
Plenty of free hot air on this forum occasionally
Paul_G View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 10:09am
Esso / Tesco Express is 50p too.

I have a Ring air compressor that cost £20 and runs off the car's 12V electrics.  It's small and I keep it permanently in the boot.  It's proved very handy for myself and others on several occasions.

timo_w2s View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timo_w2s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 11:07am
I've been tempted to get a 12v air compressor. I already have a decent hand pump but not always convinced I've got the right pressure as the dial is quite small. Occasionally it's nice to have a machine do it to the except pressure (assuming it's working properly!).
Paul_G View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 1:57pm
FYI I think the Ring model I have is 'RAC600'.

No dial - digital readout.  You set to desired pressure then switch it on. It cuts out when the preset pressure is reached.

Accuracy is good - matches very closely to a decent gauge I tested it against.

Warning:  Do not be tempted by the very cheap ones off eBay etc. - they take ages to achieve a decent pressure and burn a lot of current.

HTH

timo_w2s View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timo_w2s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 2:57pm
Thanks Paul, that looks exactly what I could do with.
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 6:26pm
Thats inflation for you!
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2013 at 5:49pm
Your not buying air, your paying for use of the compressor.
stop HS2.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>