Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Church Lane Car Park

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2006 at 5:01pm

if you live in chalfont why not bloody walk into gx, its not far!!

(yes i know.... your far to busy to waste an hour of you day by walking to gx, youv got to get home to watch im a celebrity and x factor!)

i am happy!! Pierre is just intoxicated
Sponsored Links

Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2006 at 5:16pm

It depends what part of the village you live. For some it takes 20 minutes just to walk to the Greyhound.

I know people who get the bus to Winkers, and that's not far either!

KATE View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2006 at 8:27pm
hee hee i must admit i sometimes get the bus but when your drunk walking up that hill is a nightmare
moggies View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moggies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2006 at 9:29pm

Walking to the village from Chalfont Common and back again, with a toddler could prove interesting.

And when childminding that would have been really good - 2 x 9 year olds, 3 x under fives, and get back home within half an hour to meet and greet the other two children. Hmm, yes, I can see that would have really worked.

And I don't know why it is thought the traffic wardens give the parents at the middle school 15 mins grace - they don't. Quite the opposite in that they actively target the parking parents. And anyway, the children are let out so late, so often, that 15 mins wouldn't be enough anyway!

Still don't know what I want to do when I grow up...
Wendy View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2006 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by KATE KATE wrote:

hee hee i must admit i sometimes get the bus but when your drunk walking up that hill is a nightmare

Oh I find walking up the hill easier when I'm drunk!  It's worse when you're sober!!
pierre View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2006 at 9:52pm

I thought Malc gave you a piggy back, Wendy!

Perveyor of crap knob jokes since 2007.
Jenny View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 8:40am
Originally posted by moggies moggies wrote:

And I don't know why it is thought the traffic wardens give the parents at the middle school 15 mins grace - they don't. Quite the opposite in that they actively target the parking parents. And anyway, the children are let out so late, so often, that 15 mins wouldn't be enough anyway!

Why should the Traffic Wardens give people 15minutes grace? If you park in a Pay and Display Car Park and you don't Pay and Display, or if you park on double yellows etc. then you deserve to receive a parking ticket!
No one really cares if you are miserable so you might was well be happy. (Cynthia Nelms)
KATE View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 7:50pm
how the hell did people cope before automobiles??
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by KATE KATE wrote:

how the hell did people cope before automobiles??

Well they had horses of course but generally people didn't go anywhere. It was quite common to be born, live and die in the same village.

KATE View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 8:12pm
kIM!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>