Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheryl Gillan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheryl Gillan
    Posted: 05 April 2021 at 5:55pm
Just seen on tablet that Cheryl Gillan has died,aged 68
Sponsored Links

brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2021 at 6:22pm
RIP.
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2021 at 3:23pm
Hmmm! I'm always sad when someone dies prematurely, they are always someones parent and grandparent, etc and by all accounts people who knew her personally found her to be very kind, it's a great shame she has died.

I do have to say that I do not think she did a great job for us personally so I look forward to it not being such a safe seat and getting someone who actually lives locally (would be a good start) and is working for us which I never felt Cheryl Gillan did, maybe too much time spent on her various much prized government positions rather than focusing on us minions . The conservatives have done very little for us locally, we are too safe a seat, I think we can all see how much the local area is neglected. Loosing our central funding has a lot to do with that, and for that I do blame our immoveable local conservatives.......
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2021 at 9:37pm
I agree, I don't think our Conservative Parish Council have done much for the Village at all, I'm going to vote Independent necx time, anybody prepared to stand as an Independent must have the Village's interest at heart.
Sunray
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2021 at 7:07pm
To be fair I meant the county council conservatives and Cheryl Gillan also but actually half of them are also on the Parish Council too which I'm never sure is a good thing, to many of the same people, really can't see how it isn't a conflict of interests and how they have the time to give all the roles 100% but! I also intend to vote for the independents as a priority on parish council, the historical issue is though that if the independents refuse to join the conservatives and stand for them, the conservatives field a candidate against them, most people around here just vote conservative so the independents don't get in, we lost a great independent last time because of that....
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2021 at 10:16am
I agree with that. Remember when Alan M was not re-elected by locals who blindly voted Tory and he was the best councillor by a distance on the parish council for this village. 
 Post Reply Post Reply