Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Change of use - Handy Stores (Gold Hill Common)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Change of use - Handy Stores (Gold Hill Common)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GHResident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Change of use - Handy Stores (Gold Hill Common)
    Posted: 30 June 2020 at 7:00am
Does anyone know what is opening next door to the convenience shop on Gold Hill Common? The shop has downsized to half its previous size and the remainder is undergoing some renovation. It looked as though they were bringing in tables yesterday but I can’t see a change of use application on the council website. Thanks! 
Sponsored Links

Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 9:54am
Last planning application was in 2010 for shutters over the shop windows.
Sunray
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 10:26am
I did hear a while ago part of it was being converted into a cafe.

Too many laws...
Too few examples...
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 10:58am
it was built as two separate shops. 
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by hissing sid hissing sid wrote:

it was built as two separate shops. 

It was two shops before the owner of Handy Stores purchased what used to be Gold Hill Travel and amalgamated them into one.
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
admarlow View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 4:32pm
a new cafe would be nice!
GHResident View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GHResident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 6:57pm
A new cafe would be lovely, but sadly there isn’t really anywhere to park and people already park dangerously on the corner making it impossible to pull out of Layters Avenue or cross safely as a pedestrian. I suspect a new cafe would need some form of permission from the council (?) so I guess this would be taken into account. 
I didn’t realise it used to be a travel agency, how interesting. Was it associated with the Gold Hill travel coaches in the area?
Libtek View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libtek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 2:38pm
way back it was two shops, a general store and a separate greengrocers next door.
Weekends are a bit like rainbows. They look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.
 Post Reply Post Reply