Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chalfont St Peter FC 1969 Programme

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chalfont St Peter FC 1969 Programme
    Posted: 18 May 2020 at 9:04pm
Interesting to see the old names of players and local businesses:

Sponsored Links

Lordberty 1st View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordberty 1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 9:24am
Is the B Walsh on the 2nd jpg the now famous Bradly Walsh
who I believe played for CSP in his early years as a player.
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 11:35am
You're right Lordberty ...

Football career
Walsh's time at Brentford also saw him play for Barnet on loan, making five Southern Football League appearances in the 1978–79 season. He also played for Tring Town, Boreham Wood and Chalfont St Peter. Ankle fractures brought Walsh's football career to an early end at the age of 22, in 1982.
TV show: The Chase, Cash Trapped, Wheel of ...
Profession: Television presenter, Comedian, A...
Lordberty 1st View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordberty 1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 1:45pm
So my first thought that it is him in the 1969 program is incorrect, as he would have been only nine years old.
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 5:50pm
Yes, he must have played later. I wonder if there are any pictures of him in CSPFC kit?
Robbo View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 2:30am
I was just going through some of the old photos of CSP, looking  for pics of the inside of the Greyhound, around 1967 and somebody posed a question about what happened to the old stagecoach. It may be an indea to Ask Paul Neville ( he's often in the Greyhound or White Hart and is well known in the village) as I believe he was instrumental in having it taken away to a safe place.
By the way, if anybody DOES have any older photos of the Greyhound interior, before the brewery did their dastardly deeds, I would be much obliged.

Rob
But who will watch the watchers ?
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2020 at 2:39am
I think as the story goes. The coach was being transported, via trailer to be restored. The vehicle overturned. Making the restoration impossible.
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Post Reply Post Reply